**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Plan Cancelled and Number Changed due to inactivity

Jacob McCalebJacob McCaleb Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
My plan was cancelled and my app says my number was changed due to inactivity, despite using it to text a few hours prior. I haven’t even been signed up for a week and I couldn’t reactivate my phone with a new number. Why did this happen?

Answers

• Jacob McCalebJacob McCaleb Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    hyegeek said:

For a phone to be active, it needs to make an outgoing call at least once every 30 days, texting is not enough to keep it active. Since you have only had it for a week, I would not expect that to be the problem, but you should login to your my.freedompop.com account and see if it gives you any indication of what is going on.

Unfortunately when I sign into my account, freedompop simply says I’m not signed up for any plans. I tried reactivating but that doesn’t work either.

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,159FreedomPop Newbie admin

My plan was cancelled and my app says my number was changed due to inactivity, despite using it to text a few hours prior. I haven’t even been signed up for a week and I couldn’t reactivate my phone with a new number. Why did this happen?

hyegeek said:

For a phone to be active, it needs to make an outgoing call at least once every 30 days, texting is not enough to keep it active. Since you have only had it for a week, I would not expect that to be the problem, but you should login to your my.freedompop.com account and see if it gives you any indication of what is going on.

Unfortunately when I sign into my account, freedompop simply says I’m not signed up for any plans. I tried reactivating but that doesn’t work either.

Hello Jacob, after checking the account I found linked to your forum user's email, it seems the account was canceled via our phone customer service number.
    We are afraid that it cannot be reactivated, however, if you would like to open a new one, please visit freedompop.com/activate via an incognito window on your browser.
  • Jacob McCalebJacob McCaleb Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I never contacted customer support though. How could someone cancel my account other than me? Will I be refunded my top up balance that I was forced to pay or is it still on my account? I don't really mind opening a new one but I don't want this to happening again or lose the money i've paid so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anson FokAnson Fok Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I understand I haven't used the FreedomPop SIM for a while, and the account got inactivated, the number was probably cancelled due to inactivity. But can I select a new phone number based on my preferred area code ? I just put the FreedomPop sim in my new phone and open the app, it automatically assigned a new number to me with a random area code, and I can't change it without paying $4.99. Can you please help ? Thanks
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,159FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Anson Fok said:

I understand I haven't used the FreedomPop SIM for a while, and the account got inactivated, the number was probably cancelled due to inactivity. But can I select a new phone number based on my preferred area code ? I just put the FreedomPop sim in my new phone and open the app, it automatically assigned a new number to me with a random area code, and I can't change it without paying $4.99. Can you please help ? Thanks

Hello Anson! We are afraid that when reactivating, the system will not let you choose the number. However, not all area codes are available. We are afraid that you would be billed to get another number than one assigned.