**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

app updates

HOLLEY DUCKERHOLLEY DUCKER Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I don't understand. everyday.... every day... i have to update my freedompop app before calls will come in or go out. Are you guys really updateing the app that often or is my phone just not retaining the update and reseting nightly.

this is really really frustrating. i've quit using it cause i don't want to add updates to my morning routine.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HOLLEY DUCKERHOLLEY DUCKER Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't know what menu that is from step 3 down. I don't have a "more" option. Can't find anything anywhere relate to update profile. How current are these directions you are posting?

Another crappy thing I have discovered, unless the app is open and running it does not function at all. No calls come to me. No texts. My husband's phone isn't like that. He spent 2 hours last night testing this by sending texts to me with the app open and with it closed.

I miss verizon
  • FrugalwizardFrugalwizard Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    What I've found is that each brand of phone is slightly different in its configuration. Your best bet is to google your brand and model phone and then search for update PRL. Hope that helps a bit.
    does that effect the apps ability to run in the background? I don't understand.

How can i get this phone to function so i can get texts and calls without having to be so diligent with opening the app and updating it everyday?
    anyone else care to weigh in on this?
    an admin maybe?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin

I don't know what menu that is from step 3 down. I don't have a "more" option. Can't find anything anywhere relate to update profile. How current are these directions you are posting?

Another crappy thing I have discovered, unless the app is open and running it does not function at all. No calls come to me. No texts. My husband's phone isn't like that. He spent 2 hours last night testing this by sending texts to me with the app open and with it closed.

I miss verizon

does that effect the apps ability to run in the background? I don't understand.

How can i get this phone to function so i can get texts and calls without having to be so diligent with opening the app and updating it everyday?

Hello Holley, we are sorry for the late reply. To answer your question, yes, all our calls and texs needs to be done with the app instead of the device's calling and texting application. Freedompop is a VOIP (Voice Over IP) connection, we use the Internet to connect your calls, communicate texts and allow you access to the Web. The app is what makes it possible to get calls and s,s via IP instead of cellular signals, like Verizon.

Can you please forward a screenshot of the options you get, while on step 2?
  • beyonslaybeyonslay Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same problem with the updates and at first I thought it was normal until I found your post. Did you solve this issue? If Yes, how did you do that?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin
    beyonslay said:

I had the same problem with the updates and at first I thought it was normal until I found your post. Did you solve this issue? If Yes, how did you do that?

Hi! Whether or not automatic updates are set up on your device, is something related to the device's configuration, not our app.
    You need to make sure to avoid running apps on the background as well as to disable automatic downloads for updates to avoid data leaks.
    We also recommend to monitor your app via your online Freedompop profile or the My Freedompop app available for Android users as any other data monitoring tool may not be able to tell apart the data the FP ap as a VOIP used for calls, texts or data only.