**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Sim Card..Out going calls using WIFI do not work. Phone rings but does not connect. Incoming work

Max MancinelliMax Mancinelli FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
If I turn off Wifi, the outgoing calls go through. I re-installed app and synced but did not help. Any advice?

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,784 admin

If I turn off Wifi, the outgoing calls go through. I re-installed app and synced but did not help. Any advice?

Can you please confirm the email this line is under? We need to make sure the account is active.
  • Max MancinelliMax Mancinelli FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    Its iluvcars21@yahoo.com. The phone works well for everything except outgoing calls when on wifi. The receiving end rings but when answered they get silence. Once I take it off wifi, the outgoing calls go through fine. Has to be some setting glitch I'm missing maybe. Thanks.

Its iluvcars21@yahoo.com. The phone works well for everything except outgoing calls when on wifi. The receiving end rings but when answered they get silence. Once I take it off wifi, the outgoing calls go through fine. Has to be some setting glitch I'm missing maybe. Thanks.

Have you tried logging in with the phone number, instead of the email address, when syncing the account?
  • Max MancinelliMax Mancinelli FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    Yes, I have always been logged on with phone number. Is this not an issue reported in the past? How can outgoing calls on wifi not work? I want to buy another sim for my wife but this issue needs to be addressed. Its annoying having to switch off wifi in order to make an call. Please help. Thanks

Yes, I have always been logged on with phone number. Is this not an issue reported in the past? How can outgoing calls on wifi not work? I want to buy another sim for my wife but this issue needs to be addressed. Its annoying having to switch off wifi in order to make an call. Please help. Thanks

Please follow these steps to ensure your iOS device is configured correctly:

Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

Then -Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    close the app and open again