**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone will no longer power on, need replacement device on account.

Rob LoktingRob Lokting FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 18
I can unfortunately no longer boot my phone, it is stuck in a boot loop. How do I go about activating a new phone on the account and deactivating the faulty phone currently activated? Is it necessary to open a dummy account? If so, how will I go about being issued the refund temporary account?

Thank you

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,162 admin

I can unfortunately no longer boot my phone, it is stuck in a boot loop. How do I go about activating a new phone on the account and deactivating the faulty phone currently activated? Is it necessary to open a dummy account? If so, how will I go about being issued the refund temporary account?

Thank you

Hello Rob! We are sorry to hear your device is no longer working! In that case, you need to open a new account for your new device so we can perform a device swap between accounts. Are you planning to purchase a new device from FreedomPop or activating your own device?

If you would like to bring your device over to FreedomPop, our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program is designed to provide our customers with an alternative option to take advantage of our service. We allow the activation of new or pre-owned Sprint smartphones and tablets.

To get started, simply enter your ESN or MEID on our BYOD Activation Page (www.freedompop.com/byod) to find out if your phone is eligible for activation. Please be advised of the following requirements before you begin the process:
    - Need an eligible Sprint phone/tablet with a clean ESN number
    - The phone cannot be active with another carrier
    - Must pass the FEC check by not having an outstanding balance with accounts from previous carriers
    - A one-time non-refundable activation fee for all BYOD phone activations

• Rob LoktingRob Lokting FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 18
    Thanks for the response. That sounds great, but I really would appreciate if you could issue a refund for the activation fee that is needed for the temporary account, which apparently needs to be created. In all honesty, the website claimed the old phone was supported when I first created the account, but I had nothing but issues the entire time the old phone was activated and working. I did not make a stink about it as the data did still work.

I have verified with other users online that the new device that I would like to activate, and Android version that it is running will work fine with the app. The MEID is clean and I am able to activate it ASAP. Can you please do me this favor and issue me a refund for the activation fee afterwards? Please understand that I have $5 credit applied to this account, which is the only reason at all that I want to move it over in the first place.

Thank you for your help.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,162 admin

Thanks for the response. That sounds great, but I really would appreciate if you could issue a refund for the activation fee that is needed for the temporary account, which apparently needs to be created. In all honesty, the website claimed the old phone was supported when I first created the account, but I had nothing but issues the entire time the old phone was activated and working. I did not make a stink about it as the data did still work.

I have verified with other users online that the new device that I would like to activate, and Android version that it is running will work fine with the app. The MEID is clean and I am able to activate it ASAP. Can you please do me this favor and issue me a refund for the activation fee afterwards? Please understand that I have $5 credit applied to this account, which is the only reason at all that I want to move it over in the first place.

Thank you for your help.

We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.