**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Old sim card in new phone

liza731liza731 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
My old freedompop phone Galaxy 5 died and I have purchased a new one from you. Can I just use my old sim card in the new phone or is there a way to do this.

Answers

• liza731liza731 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    For those of you that have this question I solved it myself. By signing in with my account id on new phone sim it found my phone number and rest of account if.
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 241 admin
    Hello Liza,

We are sorry to read that your Galaxy phone died. I see that you managed to resolve this situation, so if you need additional assistance, please reply to this discussion.
  • Gary NakamuraGary Nakamura FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    I have a similar question. I have an old Samsung S4 using Freedompop (acct info upon request) and I purchased a Samsung S7. On the BYOD page, I punched in the S7 (new phone) MEID and used the S4 (old phone) ICCID. It then brought me to the select a plan page. Does this mean I can just swap the card from the old S4 to the new S7? Is this physically possible?

How do I notify Freedompop that I would like to switch phones, and is there an optimum time to do this?

Thanks FP!
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,538 admin

I have a similar question. I have an old Samsung S4 using Freedompop (acct info upon request) and I purchased a Samsung S7. On the BYOD page, I punched in the S7 (new phone) MEID and used the S4 (old phone) ICCID. It then brought me to the select a plan page. Does this mean I can just swap the card from the old S4 to the new S7? Is this physically possible?

How do I notify Freedompop that I would like to switch phones, and is there an optimum time to do this?

Thanks FP!

Let us help you check. Can you please provide us with both? The new device's MEID number and the old device's ICCID number?
    New device (S7) MEID: 35356208472103
    Old device (S4) ICCID: 89011200000187702914

Thanks!

New device (S7) MEID: 35356208472103
    Old device (S4) ICCID: 89011200000187702914

Thanks!

Just a question, does this sim has a serial number beginning with SW?
    I don't think so, but I did not check on the actual physical card itself. Screenshot attached.
    I checked the physical card (screenshot attached) and there is no SW.
    Old Device Samsung S4
    Sprint Part: SIMGLW206R
    ICCID: 8901120 0000187702914

Thank you!

I checked the physical card (screenshot attached) and there is no SW.
    Old Device Samsung S4
    Sprint Part: SIMGLW206R
    ICCID: 8901120 0000187702914

Thank you!

We are afraid the old S4 sim it will not work on this new device. The Samsung Galaxy S7 device needs a nano SIMOLW416C.
    You would need to contact Sprint to see if it can be purchased with them directly and later on contact us to help us link it to the device.
    Thank you, I will do that. -Gary

Thank you, I will do that. -Gary

You are welcome! Let us know as soon as you get the correct model, take care!
    Hi, AlejandraG

I have a sim card now, inserted into the S7
    Number: 89011201002395348760 01.04
    Screenshot attached (just in case).

I would also like to know if there is an optimum time to attempt to switch to the new device, in regards to the billing cycle, and if I can insure that I can switch my old number over to the new S7. I understand that there is a 19.99 activation fee and a 9.99 phone number import fee.

Thank you!
    Gary

Hi, AlejandraG

I have a sim card now, inserted into the S7
    Number: 89011201002395348760 01.04
    Screenshot attached (just in case).

I would also like to know if there is an optimum time to attempt to switch to the new device, in regards to the billing cycle, and if I can insure that I can switch my old number over to the new S7. I understand that there is a 19.99 activation fee and a 9.99 phone number import fee.

Thank you!
    Gary

Hi! We are glad to hear the correct model arrived. After looking into your S4 account, we can see that you are billed the 28th of every month.
    We recommend to activate the new device under the BYOD funnel and pay for the $19.99 fee before the next billing day comes. Also, since we are swapping the device completely, there is no extra fee for your old phone number to work on the new account, just make sure to choose a temporary number and to cancel the S4 account only until we complete the swap with the S7 completely.
    Please visit on an incognito window: freedompop.com/byod and let us know as soon as it has been activated.