Can't get my galaxy s5 verizon to work without Wi-FI.

boatclubboatclub Posts: 14Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
I set up the APN and tried to use the app but it always says Wi-Fi not available, and won't work . At the top it of the phone it always says Sim card not from verizion, what can I do?

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • boatclubboatclub Posts: 14Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    How do I know if it's an unlocked GSM device?

boatclub said:

I set up the APN and tried to use the app but it always says Wi-Fi not available, and won't work . At the top it of the phone it always says Sim card not from verizion, what can I do?

Hi! Can you please confirm that you are using an unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+?
    How do I know if it's a unlocked GSM device? It's running Android 5.0
    It must be unlocked GSM. it's a galaxy s5 that was on verizon I'm sure. I bought it from ebay. I'm updating it right now android marshmallow 6.0 from the settings > system update. The APN is definitely set up correctly, but I still cannot use the fpop app to make and calls or texts unless I'm on WIFI
    edited May 2018 #7
    I have the freedom pop SIM card in there and it is GSM running Android 6.0, and it is unlocked.
    Post edited by boatclub on
    I'm about to just buy one of these fpop galaxy s5s from this website for $80 on the memorial day sale... do they come set up so i can make calls while not connected to WiFI?
    I did contact Verizon and they said it was GSM unlocked.
    Are you saying FreedomPop sells phones that don't work with their service? I have had fpop for like 6 months, I'm not on the trial. It just still never works unless I'm connected to WiFi. I just want to be able to make calls if I'm not on WiFi.
    Could it be I was sent a SIM that is not compatible with my phone? Or all the SIMs fpop sends out the same? Are there different kinds of SIMs compatible with different phones?