**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can only call/message over wifi. No mobile data [after Upgrade to android 8.1]

wkwk FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Hi,
In 2017 I got the sim card (iccid: 89011704278110316629) on my own android device and mobile data worked fine. I could call without wifi. Between 12/2017 to 04/2018, my service was deactivated due to unuse. Last week, I upgraded my phone to android 8.1(lineage os) and setup the APN as before, install freedom app with re-activated service in the new cycle. Also I got a new phone number. But now, I can only call with wifi. Without wifi, the freedomPop messager app 'shows no internet connection'. I checked that my mobile data is on, even it still shows 'no data', and the APN was set as suggested: FreedomPop(fp.com.attz).

Is that because of upgraded os with flashed ROM (lineage os)? How to get mobile data/connection for calling (mine is on Basic plan)?

Thanks,

Wk

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,230 admin
    wk said:

Hi,
    In 2017 I got the sim card (iccid: 89011704278110316629) on my own android device and mobile data worked fine. I could call without wifi. Between 12/2017 to 04/2018, my service was deactivated due to unuse. Last week, I upgraded my phone to android 8.1(lineage os) and setup the APN as before, install freedom app with re-activated service in the new cycle. Also I got a new phone number. But now, I can only call with wifi. Without wifi, the freedomPop messager app 'shows no internet connection'. I checked that my mobile data is on, even it still shows 'no data', and the APN was set as suggested: FreedomPop(fp.com.attz).

Is that because of upgraded os with flashed ROM (lineage os)? How to get mobile data/connection for calling (mine is on Basic plan)?

Thanks,

Wk

Hi! Updating your OS possibly had something to do with how the app is working but let me give you some steps to set up the device correctly:

-Update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number (18627748988) instead of email address.