Why does my phone show the wrong number in settings, staus? It is not my freedompop number

Robin HeltonRobin Helton Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Why does my phone show the wrong number in settings, staus? It is not my freedompop number. Also please, why cannot I use any other mms messenger with the phone. I like handscent. On every one I have tried it says I don't have permission to send text messages error 2120. Thank you.

Answers

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Robin Helton‌ that number is for phone's sprint id purposes. it makes no difference for your account. As for mms, that service is not supported by FP as far as I know. FP allows you to send pictures through a different service that sends the recipient an site address were they can open the picture you send. I have used it and it works fine. Takes a bit to get there though, but it does work. Remember we are still in beta so not all services or programs will work yet!
  • Stephanie WilsonStephanie Wilson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Had similar issues. Saw the odd number and asked. Also looked it up. Is just sprint's.there are area codes listed as not geographically assigned that companies use. It reminds me a bit of the nat/pat protocols. The text messaging thing tho is odder. I just put up a question today about not being able to sent photos w/ text msging. Is embarrassing because i just now sent one. The ones that got rejected may have been out of size bounds or png vs jpg. dunno yet. Will check the photos to see. But i did send a photo via texts to 2 different people with different phone types/companies/parts of country.