**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to receive information

huizh2222huizh2222 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Why can't I receive information from +183660

Answers

• mzg pzamzg pza FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Yes, I have the same problem.
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 174 admin
    huizh2222 said:

Why can't I receive information from +183660

mzg pza said:

Yes, I have the same problem.

Hello,

I understand your concern since you are unable to receive messages from short numbers. Unfortunately, because our CDMA phone service uses a VoIP calling application, instead of the dialer that comes with the phone, these shortcodes will not work.

Apps send a text message to the number that it detects is integrated into your phone. This is the same number you will see under Settings, and it is different from your FreedomPop phone number. Since the FreedomPop number is your primary phone number, you would not receive those texts.

We are looking into a workaround for shortcodes, but for now, try and use alternative methods to verify or authorize your applications.

For example, many apps let you enter the phone number you'd like to verify, instead of using the one it detects automatically. In this case, you can enter your FreedomPop number.