**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge - SPRINT

Donald  HuddlestonDonald Huddleston FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
All I get is invalid SIM. I have 2 different SIM cards from FreedomPop and neither one works. The only support I get is they say the phone is not unlocked. I have called SPRINT 3 times and they say the phone is unlocked. Any ideas?

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,230 admin

All I get is invalid SIM. I have 2 different SIM cards from FreedomPop and neither one works. The only support I get is they say the phone is not unlocked. I have called SPRINT 3 times and they say the phone is unlocked. Any ideas?

Let me see how we can help. Can you please confirm the MEID number for the device Mr. Huddleston?
  • Donald  HuddlestonDonald Huddleston FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    The MEID is: 35251008855219

Thank you for your assistance.
    Well I am supposed to have 2 unlocked

Samsung J3 Emerge from SPRINT. They tell me they are both unlocked but both of them say invalid SIM

Phone 1: MEID is 35251008855219 (GRACE)
    FreedomPop Number: (618)266-8612

Phone 2: MEID is 35251008800478 (EMMA)
    FreedomPop Number: (618)266-8541

I have tried both cards in both phones but they both say Invalid SIM. Is there anything else I should do? I also tried doing a factory reset on one of the phones with no success.
    Not sure if anyone did anything or if it just took SPRINT this long to unlock the phone but the SIM assigned to (618)266-8541 is working. I have it in the wrong phone but it is working.

We will see what happens with the other phone.

Thank you.

The MEID is: 35251008855219

Thank you for your assistance.

Well I am supposed to have 2 unlocked

Samsung J3 Emerge from SPRINT. They tell me they are both unlocked but both of them say invalid SIM

Phone 1: MEID is 35251008855219 (GRACE)
    FreedomPop Number: (618)266-8612

Phone 2: MEID is 35251008800478 (EMMA)
    FreedomPop Number: (618)266-8541

I have tried both cards in both phones but they both say Invalid SIM. Is there anything else I should do? I also tried doing a factory reset on one of the phones with no success.

Not sure if anyone did anything or if it just took SPRINT this long to unlock the phone but the SIM assigned to (618)266-8541 is working. I have it in the wrong phone but it is working.

We will see what happens with the other phone.

Thank you.

Hi Donald, I appreciate the information. We need some clarification about the devices as well as the sims.

1) I ran both MEID numbers (35251008855219 and 35251008800478) on Sprints database to see if could help us find out about the technology they were, and it did. It seems both the devices are CDMA locked to Sprint devices. Our BYOD program lets you bring this type of devices, as long as the ESN or MEID os clean but we are afraid that is the issue. The phones cannot be activated as BYOD because their ESN is not clean. You would need to contact Sprint, but this time to ask them about how to clear it, so you can then activate it with us.

2) These devices are not compatible with our sims, our sims the other type of technology, GSM unlocked devices. If you would like to use your sims, you would need to purchase an unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+ for each.

3) It is possible that number (618)266-8541, the one working, is connected over wifi? I ran that device's MEID number and also confirmed it's CDMA locked. It's not possible that it's using our data, being an incompatible device for that sim.
    Okay not sure if I got the devices mixed up or not but. The device with the MEID of 35251008855219 (GRACE) has the FreedomPop SIM card in it and is working just fine. It shows AT&T as the network in the top left of the screen. It is using the FreedomPop number: (618)266-8541

Okay not sure if I got the devices mixed up or not but. The device with the MEID of 35251008855219 (GRACE) has the FreedomPop SIM card in it and is working just fine. It shows AT&T as the network in the top left of the screen. It is using the FreedomPop number: (618)266-8541

But I'm afraid non of the MEID numbers belong to compatible devices to out BYOD program or using our sims. IF one of them is working, it's likely it's using wifi.
    Okay both phones were working fine Thursday and Friday. I was out and about and not on Wi-Fi so I know it was using the network. I paid to port over my number and it worked fine but when I woke up today Saturday. It has no network signal anywhere I go. It only works over wi-fi ???

Okay both phones were working fine Thursday and Friday. I was out and about and not on Wi-Fi so I know it was using the network. I paid to port over my number and it worked fine but when I woke up today Saturday. It has no network signal anywhere I go. It only works over wi-fi ???

I don't mean to dispute you were using the devices but there had to be some sort of external connection. Either that, or the devices were activated as BYOD and not using our sim cards.
    Regardless, at this point, you will need to get the right kind of GSM unlocked devices for the sims to work properly.