Android Device Manager or Avast Anti-Theft

MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
Does anyone use these or similar apps to safeguard your phone? Or have an opinion pro or con?

Comments

• Daniel SantiniDaniel Santini Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    It is probably best to test out each one and see which works best on your phone. Pay close attention to how long it takes for your phone to lock when you send the command. The problem with these apps though, is that they can be very ineffective in the case of theft. A savvy thief can quite easily disable the data connection or block the signal, which makes the whole thing worthless. Then they can simply disable/uninstall the feature and not have to worry about it. But for simply tracking a lost phone(or your young kid), or wiping the data of a lost phone, any of these apps are quite good. Users of the Cyanogenmod ROM or CM-based ROMs get this feature as well. Another good app that does this is Airdroid, which is also useful for transferring files easily over wifi, viewing photos and reading/sending SMS on your desktop, and more.

Personally, I use Avast products to handle security on my desktop, so I was glad to see they moved to Android as well, so I use theirs for my phone now.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I use avast on my tablet and even changed my pc to it!