**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot login iOS app, even after deleting and reinstalling

stirfry2112stirfry2112 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 50
I just signed up for a new FreedomPop account with a new sim and iPhone 6s. I was initially able to login fine with the iOS app for calling and texting with the email provided password after activation. However, I changed the default password to a new password when logged in to my account on my desktop. Ever since, I cannot login to the iOS app at all with my new password.

I tried deleting the app and doing a few soft resets (holding down home button and power button until apple logo appears) and reinstalling the app, but still cannot login. Strangely, the other FP iOS app allows me to login to check my account and plan details and I can login from any desktop computer just fine, but the main iOS texting app says "Invalid user credentials", even after multiple uninstall/reinstalls.

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,230 admin

I just signed up for a new FreedomPop account with a new sim and iPhone 6s. I was initially able to login fine with the iOS app for calling and texting with the email provided password after activation. However, I changed the default password to a new password when logged in to my account on my desktop. Ever since, I cannot login to the iOS app at all with my new password.

I tried deleting the app and doing a few soft resets (holding down home button and power button until apple logo appears) and reinstalling the app, but still cannot login. Strangely, the other FP iOS app allows me to login to check my account and plan details and I can login from any desktop computer just fine, but the main iOS texting app says "Invalid user credentials", even after multiple uninstall/reinstalls.

Let me see how we can help. Can you please confirm the email address the account is registered under?
  • stirfry2112stirfry2112 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 50
    edited June 12 #3
    tyler@aeons....
    Post edited by stirfry2112 on

tyler@aeonsatori.com

We have reset your login attempts, can you please try to log in one more time? Also, can you log in with your phone number instead of the email address?
    edited June 12 #5
    Thanks for trying but still getting the same “invalid user credentials”. I tried using my phone number first and also tried my email address. Switched to safari and logged in just fine.

Anything else I can try? Does this have anything to do with the APN thing?
    Post edited by stirfry2112 on

Thanks for trying but still getting the same “invalid user credentials”. I tried using my phone number first and also tried my email address. Switched to safari and logged in just fine.

Anything else I can try? Does this have anything to do with the APN thing?

The APN's should not interfere with the login, but this is how it should be set up:

Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

Then -Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    close the app and open again
    Still cannot login. Keep getting “invalid user credentials”. I tried using my phone number first and also tried my email address to login to app. Anything else I can try?

Still cannot login. Keep getting “invalid user credentials”. I tried using my phone number first and also tried my email address to login to app. Anything else I can try?

As a last resource, is it possible that you can backup your personal files and data and perform a factory reset to be able to reinstall the app again?
    We are afraid all other troubleshooting has been exhausted but it seems something on the device and how it runs the app is preventing you to be able to log in. The account is active and in good standing and as you stated, login in via the actual web works just fine.