**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to transfer existing Freedompop phone number to new Freedompop account?

BurketimeBurketime Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I just signed up for Freedompop's $49.99 Annual GSM plan and was told to pick a new Freedompop phone number, which I did, and Freedompop would mail me the SIM card. My question is, since I already have a Freedompop phone number(with the Free Plan), that is used with my Samsung note 4, is it possible to transfer my phone number from the Samsung note 4, to the new Freedompop's $49.99 annual GSM plan account and also use my Samsung note 4 phone as my GSM phone device? Any help that you can provide, sure would be appreciated and thank you so much for taking the time to help those of us who are not as wise.

Best Answer

Answers

• BurketimeBurketime Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for helping me understand about CDMA and GSM unlocked phones.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,200FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Burketime said:

Thank you for helping me understand about CDMA and GSM unlocked phones.

Sure! Feel free to contact us back in case we can help with something else.
  • hko302hko302 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I am in a similar position. I would like to switch one of my existing FP numbers to the new prepaid 12 month sim that I just purchased ( arriving today). How do I do that?
    Thanks.
    hko302 said:

I am in a similar position. I would like to switch one of my existing FP numbers to the new prepaid 12 month sim that I just purchased ( arriving today). How do I do that?
    Thanks.

Hi! If you already activated the new prepaid sim and added a temporary number, we can help you transfer the number on your previous account but keep in mind it can only be the number, without any service, credit, plan or any other thing other than the number on the old account .
  • jolie_habersetzerjolie_habersetzer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I also need assistance in transferring an existing freedompop number to a new device. What information do you need to do this?

I also need assistance in transferring an existing freedompop number to a new device. What information do you need to do this?

I need the phone number you want to transfer and the MEID number of the device you want to transfer it to.
  • sjfileniciwefjsjfileniciwefj Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    please help me too, same question. Existing FP account, purchased 12mo plan, cannot transfer number to new account.
  • sjfileniciwefjsjfileniciwefj Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    edited January 8 #10
    My temporary number on my new FP account is (***) ***-****, it needs to be swapped with my existing FP number, *** *** ****. Thanks!

All set, edited to remove number, thanks!
    Post edited by sjfileniciwefj on

please help me too, same question. Existing FP account, purchased 12mo plan, cannot transfer number to new account.

My temporary number on my new FP account is (628) 239-3105, it needs to be swapped with my existing FP number, 978 500 2824. Thanks!

Hi! We completed the transfer. Please follow these steps to ensure the system is set up correctly:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number (978 500 2824) instead of email address.

For iOS
    iOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

-Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next, you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

-Sync Account Data
    Log out of the FP messaging app and log back in.