**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Refund needed, 1 day old account

David AveryDavid Avery FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
Hello, I created an account to try the service. I was not happy with the way the phone dialing and texting require an app, so I wish to downgrade to free.

I am fine with the charge of the SIM card, but when I cancelled, a $15.00 credit (#95336350) was created without my permission today when I cancelled. May I get this refunded please? Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,779 admin

Hello, I created an account to try the service. I was not happy with the way the phone dialing and texting require an app, so I wish to downgrade to free.

I am fine with the charge of the SIM card, but when I cancelled, a $15.00 credit (#95336350) was created without my permission today when I cancelled. May I get this refunded please? Thank you.

Hello MR Avery. It seems you downgraded instead of canceling the account. Are you wishing to keep it but as a free one? Or you have decided to fully cancel it?
  • David AveryDavid Avery FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    I was planning on keeping it to see if it improved or if I had another use for it. The app for dialing was not worth the complexity for a non technical family member.

I was planning on keeping it to see if it improved or if I had another use for it. The app for dialing was not worth the complexity for a non technical family member.

Yes, we definetly understnad where you are coming from. Freedompop is a VOIP, which means we provide Talk/Text and Data solutions through a Voice over IP service using the Internet to broadcast your calls, texts and allow you access to the Web. This is why the app it necesary, it conerts data in calls and texts.

Now you can keep the sim in a totally free account, however, you are required to remove the service add-on bundle that you were also granted on the trial, besides the data plan to try and you also need to have credit on the account, which is why you were charged the $15.

All accounts include a trial for a data plan and an add-on service bundle that begins the day we ship the sim and activate it for you. As long as you remove the bundle and perform a downgrade before the trial ends, you can remain on the free plan.
    You will trigger a $15 for the downgrade if you have less than $10 in credit. This is a precaution we use to protect ourselves from leakage and/or fraud.

We can refund the $15 in credit if you decide to upgrade the data plan to a paid one or if you cancel the account, but if you want to keep it was a free account, the credit needs to stay on the account and you also need to unsubscribe from the add-on bundle, from you online Freedompop profile.
    ok, I re-downgraded. I guess I would prefer just to cancel entirely, I do not see myself using this service at this time. Can you do that for me or do I need to do something else?

ok, I re-downgraded. I guess I would prefer just to cancel entirely, I do not see myself using this service at this time. Can you do that for me or do I need to do something else?

As the account holder, you will need to process this cancellation on your end. You can do so online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 1(800) 663-1791. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/cancel
    As soon as it's cancelled, please contact us back to help with the refund.
    Thank you, its has been cancelled. Please refund when you are ready.