**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Swap my phone

MoSinghMoSingh Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I'm upgrading my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6. Swapping the SIM card and turning off old phone is not working out. WiFi calling works after installing and configuring FreedomPop app. Once away from WiFi, no incoming or outgoing calls.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  •  Don Yee Don Yee Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a galaxy s2 from FP that died, as did an ipad air I put under BYOD that also died. Do I have to pay the 19.99 activation again like for a new device if I get replacements for these? Or is there a way to swap one or both accounts to the LTE SIM type, at least that way it won't be device dependent if the replacements die at some point as well?
    edited June 2018 #4
  • MoSinghMoSingh Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    MaríaM_ said:

MoSingh said:

I'm upgrading my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6. Swapping the SIM card and turning off old phone is not working out. WiFi calling works after installing and configuring FreedomPop app. Once away from WiFi, no incoming or outgoing calls.

Thanks

Hello MoSingh! We can definitely swap the device assigned to your account however you need to activate your iPhone6 under a new account. Swapping sim cards between devices will not work as they are CDMA devices and the sim card will only work in the device were it was originally assigned. Once your iPhone6 is active under a new account please let us know so we can perform the device swap.

My both phones (existing & new iPhone) are GSM (not CDMA). Do I have to create new account with new email? Can I keep the same number? Thanks in advance.

•  Don Yee Don Yee Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    María_M said:

If you wish to stop depending on your device we recommend buying a new LTE SIM card and getting an unlocked GSM device, that way we can offer to transfer your previous phone number to your new SIM card account.

OK, picked up an LTE sim from Target, my iPad air is unlocked GSM capable). What do I need to do to put the LTE SIM onto my account which had the old (dead CDMA) iPad?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
  • Leonard HolmesLeonard Holmes Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried to move the SIM from my BYO device iPad Mini into my new iPad. At first I got a strange error screen from time-to-time, but it seemed to work. After power cycling I get “No Service”. I tried the self-install certificate process. How do I get this SIM to work in the new iPad?
  • 2enableapps2enableapps Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Tried to keep my own phone number & few hours later there is a messaje. ACTIVATION STEP REQUIRED
    CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT TO ACTIVATE. Somebody it's able to refer something. REGARDS!!