**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Swap my phone

MoSinghMoSingh FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
I'm upgrading my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6. Swapping the SIM card and turning off old phone is not working out. WiFi calling works after installing and configuring FreedomPop app. Once away from WiFi, no incoming or outgoing calls.

Thanks

Comments

  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,798 admin
    MoSingh said:

    I'm upgrading my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6. Swapping the SIM card and turning off old phone is not working out. WiFi calling works after installing and configuring FreedomPop app. Once away from WiFi, no incoming or outgoing calls.

    Thanks

    Hello MoSingh! We can definitely swap the device assigned to your account however you need to activate your iPhone6 under a new account. Swapping sim cards between devices will not work as they are CDMA devices and the sim card will only work in the device were it was originally assigned. Once your iPhone6 is active under a new account please let us know so we can perform the device swap.


  •  Don Yee Don Yee FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
    I have a galaxy s2 from FP that died, as did an ipad air I put under BYOD that also died. Do I have to pay the 19.99 activation again like for a new device if I get replacements for these? Or is there a way to swap one or both accounts to the LTE SIM type, at least that way it won't be device dependent if the replacements die at some point as well?
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,798 admin
    edited June 25 #4
    Don Yee said:

    I have a galaxy s2 from FP that died, as did an ipad air I put under BYOD that also died. Do I have to pay the 19.99 activation again like for a new device if I get replacements for these? Or is there a way to swap one or both accounts to the LTE SIM type, at least that way it won't be device dependent if the replacements die at some point as well?

    Our LTE SIM cards need a compatible unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+. If your device is CDMA it will not work with one of our SIM cards.

    If you wish to stop depending on your device we recommend buying a new LTE SIM card and getting an unlocked GSM device, that way we can offer to transfer your previous phone number to your new SIM card account.

    If you wish to a CDMA device you must activate it via our BYOD program and pay an activation fee.
  • MoSinghMoSingh FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    MaríaM_ said:

    MoSingh said:

    I'm upgrading my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6. Swapping the SIM card and turning off old phone is not working out. WiFi calling works after installing and configuring FreedomPop app. Once away from WiFi, no incoming or outgoing calls.

    Thanks

    Hello MoSingh! We can definitely swap the device assigned to your account however you need to activate your iPhone6 under a new account. Swapping sim cards between devices will not work as they are CDMA devices and the sim card will only work in the device were it was originally assigned. Once your iPhone6 is active under a new account please let us know so we can perform the device swap.


    My both phones (existing & new iPhone) are GSM (not CDMA). Do I have to create new account with new email? Can I keep the same number? Thanks in advance.

  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,798 admin
    MoSingh said:

    MaríaM_ said:

    MoSingh said:

    I'm upgrading my phone from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6. Swapping the SIM card and turning off old phone is not working out. WiFi calling works after installing and configuring FreedomPop app. Once away from WiFi, no incoming or outgoing calls.

    Thanks

    Hello MoSingh! We can definitely swap the device assigned to your account however you need to activate your iPhone6 under a new account. Swapping sim cards between devices will not work as they are CDMA devices and the sim card will only work in the device were it was originally assigned. Once your iPhone6 is active under a new account please let us know so we can perform the device swap.


    My both phones (existing & new iPhone) are GSM (not CDMA). Do I have to create new account with new email? Can I keep the same number? Thanks in advance.

    We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
  •  Don Yee Don Yee FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
    María_M said:


    If you wish to stop depending on your device we recommend buying a new LTE SIM card and getting an unlocked GSM device, that way we can offer to transfer your previous phone number to your new SIM card account.

    OK, picked up an LTE sim from Target, my iPad air is unlocked GSM capable). What do I need to do to put the LTE SIM onto my account which had the old (dead CDMA) iPad?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,037 admin
    Don Yee said:

    María_M said:


    If you wish to stop depending on your device we recommend buying a new LTE SIM card and getting an unlocked GSM device, that way we can offer to transfer your previous phone number to your new SIM card account.

    OK, picked up an LTE sim from Target, my iPad air is unlocked GSM capable). What do I need to do to put the LTE SIM onto my account which had the old (dead CDMA) iPad?
    Please be aware that because the old account is a CDMA, the LTE account is a different one. We are unable to move the plans or services or rated you have on the CDMA to the LTE account, as they are a different type of accounts. The only thing we would be able to do is to transfer your old number to the new LTE sim once you select a temporary number for a new account.
  • Leonard HolmesLeonard Holmes FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I tried to move the SIM from my BYO device iPad Mini into my new iPad. At first I got a strange error screen from time-to-time, but it seemed to work. After power cycling I get “No Service”. I tried the self-install certificate process. How do I get this SIM to work in the new iPad?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,037 admin

    I tried to move the SIM from my BYO device iPad Mini into my new iPad. At first I got a strange error screen from time-to-time, but it seemed to work. After power cycling I get “No Service”. I tried the self-install certificate process. How do I get this SIM to work in the new iPad?

    It's important to understand that no matter what type of phone service you have, you will need a SIM card inside of your device. If you have GSM service, the SIM card will give your device it’s calling and texting capabilities. If you have a CDMA device, the SIM card will give your device the ability to connect to the LTE network.
    We need to make sure your new Ipad is a CDMA locked to Sprint device too and if it is, internally swap the device on the existing account because just taking out the sim on the old one and inserting it on the new one will not work.
Sign In or Register to comment.