**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

This account does not have an existing phone number

Hillary VargasHillary Vargas FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to port my T-mobile Prepaid Plan phone # over to FP but I keep getting that error message whenever I try to. What does this mean? I have used this phone number for many years and want to keep it. My phone is a Oneplus One, so it's unlocked as well.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,109 admin

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to port my T-mobile Prepaid Plan phone # over to FP but I keep getting that error message whenever I try to. What does this mean? I have used this phone number for many years and want to keep it. My phone is a Oneplus One, so it's unlocked as well.

Hello Hillary!
    Are you bringing the device itself or the phone number to Freedompop? Or both?
  • Hillary VargasHillary Vargas FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4

Hello everyone!

Hello Hillary!
    Both.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,109 admin

Hello everyone!

Hello Hillary!
    Both.
    Ok so porting your number from Tmobile is a different process that activation the same device you had with them, with us, and having the same number work.

To be able to port in the phone number to use with a Freedompop account the requirements are:

- One time $9.99 fee for porting your number in from another carrier.
    - You will need the Account Number, and the PIN number, from your previous carrier.

Now, for you to be able to use your device, we need to make sure it's compatible with Freedompop.
    We offer two type of lines for different devices you can get with us. Either CDMA locked to Sprint devices or GSM LTE sim cards for unlocked GSM devices. Both types need to be running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+.

If you are unsure of the type of technology the device is, we recommend confirming with Verizon to ensure it will be possible.