**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Visual voicemail problems

Audrey CraigAudrey Craig Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have sent a support email as well but my visual voicemail is not working. I had to reactivate once too and I was not on the free trial of it. The app acts like our does not know I have the service. When I hit login and put in my info it shows the free trial offer. I have even tried accepting it but then get an error. I need this feature to work asap as I am paying for the voicemail and phone service.

Answers

• Alyssa MillikenAlyssa Milliken Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Visual voicemail had been broken for over a month now. I can't access them, I can't even listen to them - which is ridiculous on ots own right - and have not received any assurance that this will be fixed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, updated everything, called tech support and nothing. I have been losing out on important work because of this and it's completely unacceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alyssa MillikenAlyssa Milliken Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    As I started in my original comment, everything has been updated to the latest versions. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Nothing works.
  • teal4 twoteal4 two Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine has not worked since March. I downloaded the update (FreedomPop Voicemail Version 21.04.192.0423) a couple of days ago. It doesn't work either.
    If i uninstall updates will that delete my messages? I have 20 new messages i can't read.
    When will this be fixed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
  • gizmodogizmodo Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    I wouldn't hold your breath. I have been having this problem since December and they haven't done a single thing to fix it. What makes it even worse is I disabled voicemail and I still keep getting notifications telling me I have no voicemail. It would be nice if they could either fix the application so it can do the one thing it is supposed to do, you know, let me see voicemail or at the very least fix it so the piece of crap doesn't constantly notify me of voicemails that I won't ever be able to actually view or hear.

"Support" has been equally as useless, offering no help other than saying there's nothing they can do.
  • JOHN E.  CARRJOHN E. CARR Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    SAME HERE
  • BschusBschus Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    SAME HERE TOO. I installed the "new" app 2 days ago and it is just as dysfunctional as the old one. No voicemail messages. I see no point in paying for voicemail that I really don't have. I'm not paying for another month of non-existent premium service ! You already burned me for the last two months. I'm cancelling before my next renewal date if this doesn't start working.
    edited May 2018 #11
  • good4lifegood4life Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Logging in and out is not a solution to this issue. Tech support has no solution other than to put the names of those affected on a list for the development team to respond to. Completely unacceptable!
  • gizmodogizmodo Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Nearly two months later and this piece of crap still doesn't work. I have to give you guys credit, you're certainly raising the bar of incompetence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
  • Kenny SingletonKenny Singleton Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there any other way we can check our voicemail?
    I know this is a paid service, and all I've ever used, so don't recall if FP had a standard voicemail service where we do it the old fashioned way and call for our messages. Is that available and if so, how can we set it up, please? It's critical I get something.
    I'm in the middle of a legal issue that will adversely affect my life and includes deadlines. I see I have 9 voicemails, probably from lawyers that I have been trying very hard to acquire and wondered why I wasn't getting return calls, and now I see my voicemail simply is not working. Then I come here and see it's been broken for months. I'll keep my service for now and just try to return all calls, whether they left VM or not just to ask if they did, a super PITA, then I''ll have no other choice but to consider getting another service. And I'm paying you guys on top of everything else.

Unbelievably unprofessional.

If there is a fix I'd very much appreciate the help but if it's just broke and can only be fixed on FP's end, then i don't really want to try unnecessary fixes. :(
  • daniel ansierdaniel ansier Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My voicemail has not worked for 3 months. My last successful one was March 26. I tried to download the newest version and it says my device isn't compatible with this version. I have HTC EVO 4G. Does that mean I can't use Voice mail any more? This is not good. People are leaving messages expecting me to get back them and makes me look incompetent.
    edited July 2018 #21
    The last voicemail I got was on 1/2018. After all that time, I'm afraid there is more wrong than meets the eye here. If this was truly a matter of programming, the programmers clearly don't have the slightest idea what they are doing, and I doubt that is the case, which leads me to believe, that is not the problem and it's something by design, or someone has chosen to let this happen. If by chance it is inadequate programming, then FP has chosen not to get the proper people in there to fix it.
  • 64user64user Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been having this same issue for over 6 months.
    If you all don't wan to post my messages here that is up to you, but to leave me here without answers on top of everything else is wrong.

Again I got two messages today stating I had 3 voicemails...probably, but not necessarily, duplicates. Problem is, there were no calls, leading me to believe I may not be getting calls either, and still of course cannot get to the VM's. I just had to call my lawyers office and make an idiot out of myself to find out if they called me, in a case I'm trying to get Pro Bono and need to be as little trouble as possible to them. You guys have no idea the problem this is causing some of us. So I need to at least know what's up there?

I also asked, not only if you would please get my messages and email them to me manually, but to tell me if there is another way I can get voicemail/do you have a standard VM service? None of which were answered. At the very least, put these posts up so we can get answers from other users, as this isn't just about no bad press for FP it's about the customers as well.
  • OcelotSupportOcelotSupport Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I see existing threads about the Visual Voicemail having problems and being worked on. Is there another way to access my voicemail? I've already told the multiple people leaving me voicemails that I'm having voicemail problems, but as is the case with doing anything differently, they just don't get it and keep trying.

Is there a browser version, or a number to dial for a back-end voicemail service? I'm on the free trial, so I'd like to give it a go.
    Ocelot, I don't think there is any way to get any type of voice mail even a stand at alone service, at least that's the idea I get from asking here, not one really responded, not that i recall anyway. however I have not googled/looked into it beyond that.

Mine just keeps notifying me now, several times a day even when there are no new messages, but the problem remains the same. I go to the app, check for messages and the download indicator just keeps spinning, never getting the messages from the server to me.

If by chance this can be a phone issue, and due to my older device, and I doubt it is as I was able to get messages at one time. But I have a newer S3 I can transfer the service to, if that will help, and If could get FP to do that without taking away my grandfathered service/several GB's of data time?
This discussion has been closed.