phone automatically mistakenly puts in 1-plus

Edward  Cannon Edward Cannon Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
Local calls here (area code 210) require ten digits but *NOT* "1+". However, the phone keeps automatically putting "1+" in front of the ten digits and prevents a successfull phone call. Phone calls other area codes well enough. I searched here and there but have not found this issue elsewhere so far. I have tried directly using the keypad as well as using contacts; that makes no difference.

Best Answers

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  •  Edward  Cannon Edward Cannon Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for your reply. I'm using the green icon called "Phone". So I actually don't know if that's the FreedomPop messaging app or not. I got the phone, a Samsung Galaxy S4, directly from FreedomPop about three weeks ago. This is my first smartphone, so I'm still learning. Using that icon works when I call a long-distance number. The problem is only with local numbers here that require all ten digits -- without the "1+". Now I have to be offline for a while but will definitely get back here later. I have no idea how to view this using the phone itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  •  Edward  Cannon Edward Cannon Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you Alejandra! It turns out that I did have the FP Messaging app but didn't know that it was the one to use. I had assumed that the green "Phone" app was also FreedomPop. (One small complaint I have so far about apps is that some of them are not well identified; it's not clear who their publisher is. Among my apps appear, side-by-side, "Messages" and "Messaging". Neither one of them is easily identifiable to me, so far.) So using the little green phone icon on the contact did work. Of course I would still like to know why these ten-digit local calls don't work on the green "Phone" app, since other phone calls do work with it. ----- Last-minute update: What if I'm out somewhere where there's no wi-fi? Does that mean I will not be able to make phone calls? Is there some written detailed information about how these things work and how to set them up? I did search a fair amount but didn't find anything very clear to a brand-new smartphone user. It still seems very weird that *any* phone or messaging app would put in the unnecessary and in fact problematic "1-plus" before a local ten-digit phone number. Thank you again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.