**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. It won't take my updated credit card

R LouieR Louie Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
I went over my data limit and got the message that my account was suspended (code:100). I tried to update my credit card but it won't take it - I keep getting the message that an error has occurred. It is a regular Mastercard, not a prepaid debit card or anything like that. I have tried on 2 browsers on my laptop, with and without using incognito windows, and also using the link from the app that launched the browser on my phone. Same results every time. Thank you for your help.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • R LouieR Louie Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for your reply! Shouldn't the first of the payments have gone through - the card has enough to cover either one of those charges? The system from my end is not showing that my credit card number was even updated. Also, could you please explain the two charges? I have the Basic LTE200 plan. Due to a new app and my kid getting a hold of the phone, I blew through my monthly data allotment. I thought that after I paid for the data overages (45.87MB at 2.5 cents per MB, which is $1.14) that we would be good. I don't mind doing a top-up credit balance to make sure that if I run over the data again, that it would be paid for, but the $35 vs the $1.14 mystifies me.

The system won't let me update my email address either, but I am able to check your responses here. Thank you.
    Thanks so much for your answer, AlejandraG.

Can you please cancel the $20 manual add? I only did that because I didn't understand that a $15 top-up was being charged. After you cancel the $20 add, I will try another credit card, to which exactly $15 will be automatically charged, correct? Then, will everything be reset/unsuspended and resume as usual, on the same plan as before, with no monthly charge? The only difference being, I will have about $13 credit in my account for the next time something like this happens? Thanks again!
    I just tried adding a different credit card, one ending in 8352, and the system says, again, that an error occurred. This is extremely frustrating as I am trying to pay your company and your system is not accepting a perfectly valid credit card. At this point I have done everything you've asked and seem to be out of computer options.

How about you send me a telephone number that I can call so someone can take care of reactivating my account? At this point your online system has proved to be untrustworthy. Thank you.
    This is the screenshot with the error message.

I have used both Chrome and Firefox, both with an incognito window and without, on a Windows 10 laptop. It is a US-issued Mastercard, a credit card, with more than enough credit, with an expiration date more than 6 months in the future. I don't mean for this to be difficult either, though judging from forum posts, I am not the only one experiencing this issue on your website.

I am more than happy to mail you a check if this doesn't work, but it is a serious inconvenience not having phone service over the $1.15 that I owe you, which I have been trying to pay you for days. Thank you. I can send you a private message with the credit card details if that would help - I would expect that $15 would be charged to it, and phone service would resume.