**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

re: phone automatically mistakenly puts in 1-plus

Edward  Cannon Edward Cannon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
This is to thank Alejandra and Rich who both gave helpful replies to my now-closed first question. (Sorry it took a while to get back. I didn't know it would be closed so quickly.) This is my first smartphone ever, so I'm still learning a lot about it (and about my FP account and also this community.) I really wish that *every* app icon were clearly identified; they are not. For a true newbie, unidentified icons are *not* user-friendly. I have now learned which one is the FP "Messaging" app versus the other one called "Messages" that's right next to it. I also now know that the green, otherwise unidentified "Phone" app is *not* the one to use, even though it's right there on the home page! I know to use the "Contacts" app instead. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Enhanced that I bought directly from FP. I'm currently using the basic, free plan -- successfully, as far as I can tell so far. It's still hard to believe that it's free. I didn't know what "Mobile Data" is, but now I think I know when I need to use it. It took me three *years* of trying to make sense of FP advertising to finally decide to try it. For people who have never had a smartphone, the ads are almost meaningless. Of course I'm a late-adopter, so I was one of a diminishing number who had never owned a smartphone. Thank you again, Alejandra and Rich.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,280 admin

This is to thank Alejandra and Rich who both gave helpful replies to my now-closed first question. (Sorry it took a while to get back. I didn't know it would be closed so quickly.) This is my first smartphone ever, so I'm still learning a lot about it (and about my FP account and also this community.) I really wish that *every* app icon were clearly identified; they are not. For a true newbie, unidentified icons are *not* user-friendly. I have now learned which one is the FP "Messaging" app versus the other one called "Messages" that's right next to it. I also now know that the green, otherwise unidentified "Phone" app is *not* the one to use, even though it's right there on the home page! I know to use the "Contacts" app instead. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Enhanced that I bought directly from FP. I'm currently using the basic, free plan -- successfully, as far as I can tell so far. It's still hard to believe that it's free. I didn't know what "Mobile Data" is, but now I think I know when I need to use it. It took me three *years* of trying to make sense of FP advertising to finally decide to try it. For people who have never had a smartphone, the ads are almost meaningless. Of course I'm a late-adopter, so I was one of a diminishing number who had never owned a smartphone. Thank you again, Alejandra and Rich.

Hello Mr. Cannon! We are glad we were able to help. We also appreciate the feedback and we will make sure to forward it over to the correct team.
    Some threads are closed after being resolved but as you did, you can initiate one in case you need assistance or clarification in some matter.