Will Freedompop lock my BYOD phone (SIM)

Po Hua LinPo Hua Lin Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,
I've been using FP SIM in the last 1.5 year. I am BYOD and it has been working perfectly. I'm planning to give it to my son who has a number with t-mobile. When I tried t-mobile sim on my current phone, it shows no sim error. I'm sure the t-mobile sim card is working fine.
Question: Does FP lock my BYOD phone?

Best Answer

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    edited July 2018 #3

Hello,
    I've been using FP SIM in the last 1.5 year. I am BYOD and it has been working perfectly. I'm planning to give it to my son who has a number with t-mobile. When I tried t-mobile sim on my current phone, it shows no sim error. I'm sure the t-mobile sim card is working fine.
    Question: Does FP lock my BYOD phone?

Hello Po Hua,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Can you please indicate if you are able to use T-Mobile's services completely? Also are you able to use FreedomPop services after changing the SIM card?
  • Po Hua LinPo Hua Lin Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    @CarlosG

Yes, t-mobile SIM is working on my son's current phone.
    My phone (Moto G4) has been working with FP in the past 18 months without a problem. When I switch back to FP SIM, the phone can get AT&T signal.
    When a device goes through the BYOD process, it is automatically locked to our system, in this case, it's Sprint, as they are our service provider. This means that in order to use other services on the device, it would be necessary to cancel the account so that we could then release the device. Please read more on SIM cards and how they are used on BYOD devices here.
  • Po Hua LinPo Hua Lin Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello @CarlosG

This is a GSM phone (Moto G4) not a Sprint phone. In this case, will the phone be locked?

Thanks!

Hello @CarlosG

This is a GSM phone (Moto G4) not a Sprint phone. In this case, will the phone be locked?

Thanks!

Hi Po Hua,

Being that your device is GSM and you're only able to use GSM SIM cards in it, there is no reason for the device to be locked. Our SIM card won't lock the device in any way nor will a locked device work with our SIM cards.