**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FP SIM Lock BYOP To FP Network???

Matthew PoorMatthew Poor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
edited August 6 in Getting Started #1
I purchased a SIM for my own GSM LTE phone (non-fp provided) to test the service quality in my area, etc.

I've read a few posts that make it sound like as soon as I start using the FP SIM, it will automagically lock my personally owned, unlocked GSM phone to the FP network, precluding me from alternating with my current SIM. I need a definitive answer before I jack up my unlocked phones & get furious.

I've tried searching for the answer for a couple hours. Most, but not all, related posts I found were referring to phones obtained from FP being provider locked, but a few of them seemed to be referring to peoples own unlocked BYOD phones becoming locked just by using with the FP network.

Please, someone with definitive knowledge on the issue explain & it would make a great topic for an easily located FAQ or sticky...

Thanx
Post edited by Matthew Poor on

Best Answer

Answers

• Matthew PoorMatthew Poor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Thank you for your answer. This would be a great topic to add to a FAQ, etc. as the info seemed impossible to find even after hours of searching.

Thanx again
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,248 admin

Thank you for your answer. This would be a great topic to add to a FAQ, etc. as the info seemed impossible to find even after hours of searching.

Thanx again

Let us know if we can help with something else, we hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
This discussion has been closed.