**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Bought the 3-1 Bundle for 0.99. Signed but service plan doesnt match

Brandie Thomas-KentBrandie Thomas-Kent FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
edited August 6 in Plans and Services #1
Hello! I just bought a 3-1 bundle for $0.99 today, while I had some difficulties signing up I was able to complete it. What I dont understand was why I was charged an extra $0.99 and then when I looked at my account it does not match what I had bought/signed up for. There was a trial offer at the begining for an added 200 mb or something like that while I was signing up but was unable to get out of it since the screen kept lagging and wouldnt process correctly. When it loaded it was accepted and it still did not say it would charge me so I left it as it was. But after looking at my account now my service plan does not match with what I wanted. As it now says premium LTE at 71.91 semi annual monthly and it says for next month I owe $98.88. Can someone please help me with this issue! I was going to just down grade it but it says ill be charged an extra $15 to do so for legal reasons (such as making sure its not fraud and etc.). I do not want to pay more for what I didn't want to have. Would greatly appreciate the help!
Post edited by Brandie Thomas-Kent on

Answers

• DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin

Hello! I just bought a 3-1 bundle for $0.99 today, while I had some difficulties signing up I was able to complete it. What I dont understand was why I was charged an extra $0.99 and then when I looked at my account it does not match what I had bought/signed up for. There was a trial offer at the begining for an added 200 mb or something like that while I was signing up but was unable to get out of it since the screen kept lagging and wouldnt process correctly. When it loaded it was accepted and it still did not say it would charge me so I left it as it was. But after looking at my account now my service plan does not match with what I wanted. As it now says premium LTE at 71.91 semi annual monthly and it says for next month I owe $98.88. Can someone please help me with this issue! I was going to just down grade it but it says ill be charged an extra $15 to do so for legal reasons (such as making sure its not fraud and etc.). I do not want to pay more for what I didn't want to have. Would greatly appreciate the help!

Hello Brandie,

We understand your concern with the current plan selected. Our records indicate that you are under the free trial period, so you will not be charged as long as you downgrade your plan before the free trial ends.

We understand that the system is trying to charge you $15.00 to downgrade your plan. This is actually not a fee but a balance that is added to the account in order to avoid interruptions, meaning that if you exceed your data usage the system will charge you the MB used from those $15.00. If you do not use it, the balance will stay on your account and it's refundable upon cancellation.
  • clementchoclementcho FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    So does the $71.94 only occur every 6 mths? and also, if the plan is $71.94 for next 6 mths. How did it ended up with $98.88?

So does the $71.94 only occur every 6 mths? and also, if the plan is $71.94 for next 6 mths. How did it ended up with $98.88?

The plan is charged every 6 months for $71.94 but you receive as well a free trial for the FreedomPop Phone Premier, which includes: Visual Voicemail, Data Rollover, Data Compression, Private Internet, Usage Alerts, Ad Blocker & Sponsor Ads Free Messaging, it has a cost of $26.94, in total $98.88.

You have the option of removing such service if you want to.
    So for the entire subscription is $98.88 for 6 mths? The charge is only recurring every 6 mths?

So for the entire subscription is $98.88 for 6 mths? The charge is only recurring every 6 mths?

That's correct, only one charge for every 6 months.
    yesterday, I found that I am not able to use VPN on your network. I was able to use VPN on AT&T. Is that an extra service plan? I also found that I won't able to use Tether (using my phone as mobile hotpot). Is that something another extra?
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,179 admin

yesterday, I found that I am not able to use VPN on your network. I was able to use VPN on AT&T. Is that an extra service plan? I also found that I won't able to use Tether (using my phone as mobile hotpot). Is that something another extra?

FreedomPop Private Internet is available within the Premier bundle. Sign up for FreedomPop Premier (or Phone Premier) to get Private Internet, Visual Voicemail, Premium Voice, Ad Blocker and more, all for one low monthly price. You may read more information about how this service works on FreedomPop here:

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3517/kw/VPN

Tethering is available when using our CDMA devices, however, it is not available for our LTE SIM cards (to be used in GSM devices). Please visit the following article for more information on "Does FreedomPop support tethering?":

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2130/kw/tether

Thank you for the info. :-) Greatly Appreciated. I would like to add a line for my mother, but she only use 1GB/mth data on average and she doesn't need any of the premium service. what is the best way to add a line without paying the whole $9.99 kit and activation fee?
    edited August 14 #10

Thank you for the info. :-) Greatly Appreciated. I would like to add a line for my mother, but she only use 1GB/mth data on average and she doesn't need any of the premium service. what is the best way to add a line without paying the whole $9.99 kit and activation fee?

In this case, you may order a new SIM card under the same email address associated with your account and choose the plan that best fits your mom's needs. You can place your order directly with us via https://shop.freedompop.com/products or via phone 9am-5pm PST, any day of the week at (877) 848-2810.

Thx for the info. I have question about the VPN again. I have looked into the page you mentioned earlier. However, what I meant in my previous inquiry was I have a VPN server running in my SoHo network. And I would like my phone would able to access that particular private network. Would it be possible with FreedomPop moblie Data?

Thx for the info. I have question about the VPN again. I have looked into the page you mentioned earlier. However, what I meant in my previous inquiry was I have a VPN server running in my SoHo network. And I would like my phone would able to access that particular private network. Would it be possible with FreedomPop moblie Data?

We are afraid you will not be able to connect to that particular private network using FreedomPop data.