**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD GSM SIM Question

Matthew PoorMatthew Poor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
If I insert FreedomPop's SIM in my own, unlocked, GSM smartphone, & connect to the network / use my account, will my phone be locked into FPop's network? Most of the answers on the subject refer to using Sprint phones and being relocked into the network, but a few posts seem to suggest ALL phones get locked into the network...

Thank you

Moderators: Feel free to ignore my previous post, it hasn't been approved yet & I had forgot to mention the phone was GSM & not CDMA, an important detail....

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,444 admin

If I insert FreedomPop's SIM in my own, unlocked, GSM smartphone, & connect to the network / use my account, will my phone be locked into FPop's network? Most of the answers on the subject refer to using Sprint phones and being relocked into the network, but a few posts seem to suggest ALL phones get locked into the network...

Thank you

Moderators: Feel free to ignore my previous post, it hasn't been approved yet & I had forgot to mention the phone was GSM & not CDMA, an important detail....

Hello Matthew! Thanks for reaching out FreedomPop. Please rest assured that using our GSM LTE SIM card on your GSM unlocked device will not lock it to our network.
This discussion has been closed.