**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't receive calls from any network other than Freedompop

Jason StrongJason Strong FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I ordered a device directly from Freedompop 2 weeks ago. Since day 1 can not receive calls. I have had another device on Freedompop so I understand how the network and messaging apps work.

I called tech support and got the "you are eligible for online support....." so I opened a support case. 2 days later Julio contacted me.

Asked me to:
Step 1) Reboot the phone (turn it off , take out battery if available and wait 10 seconds to place back and turn on again)
Step 2) Go to the FreedomPop Messaging app
Step 3) Go to the Messaging Application's Settings by clicking on the 3 lines in the top left corner of the application.
Step 4) You will then see all of the application's settings. Scroll down until you see Sync Account Data.
Step 5) Tap Sync Account Data to have the application refresh.

I had done this already over the weekend and even a factory reset.

Didn't work.

He asked me to do another factory reset and then closed the case.

I have called sales and then just transfer the call to the "you are eligible for online support....." recording.

But wait Julio closed me case??

How do I return this phone or fix this?
I have been satisfied for the last 1 1/2 on my other line, but this support on a new device is really making me consider porting out. The amount of time I have spent is worth more than the $10/month I am supposedly saving...

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin

I ordered a device directly from Freedompop 2 weeks ago. Since day 1 can not receive calls. I have had another device on Freedompop so I understand how the network and messaging apps work.

I called tech support and got the "you are eligible for online support....." so I opened a support case. 2 days later Julio contacted me.

Asked me to:
    Step 1) Reboot the phone (turn it off , take out battery if available and wait 10 seconds to place back and turn on again)
    Step 2) Go to the FreedomPop Messaging app
    Step 3) Go to the Messaging Application's Settings by clicking on the 3 lines in the top left corner of the application.
    Step 4) You will then see all of the application's settings. Scroll down until you see Sync Account Data.
    Step 5) Tap Sync Account Data to have the application refresh.

I had done this already over the weekend and even a factory reset.

Didn't work.

He asked me to do another factory reset and then closed the case.

I have called sales and then just transfer the call to the "you are eligible for online support....." recording.

But wait Julio closed me case??

How do I return this phone or fix this?
    I have been satisfied for the last 1 1/2 on my other line, but this support on a new device is really making me consider porting out. The amount of time I have spent is worth more than the $10/month I am supposedly saving...

Hello Jason! We sincerely apologize for the lack of support you have encountered so far, please be sure we will try our best to help. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.