**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I can't Get Twitter Alerts

Jay AndrewsJay Andrews FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
FreedomPop is unable to get SMS alerts from Twitter. I have an important one I used to get before I switched to FreedomPop, but now twitter says " there was an error sending a text to that phone number. The operator is not supported." Is there any way to fix this problem?

Comments

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin

FreedomPop is unable to get SMS alerts from Twitter. I have an important one I used to get before I switched to FreedomPop, but now twitter says " there was an error sending a text to that phone number. The operator is not supported." Is there any way to fix this problem?

Hello Jay! If this verification is done by automatically detecting your phone number, unfortunately, you will not be able to sign in to that application. Because we use a VoIP calling application for our service instead of the dialer that came with the phone, these shortcodes may not work. Apps send a text message to the number that it detects is integrated into your phone. This is the same number you will see under Settings, and it is different from your FreedomPop phone number.

Please visit the following link for more information about this:
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2919/kw/short codes
  • Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    If you install the Twitter Android app it can alert you directly on the phone without using SMS. I don't use iOS but I suspect the Twitter iOS app has a similar function.
  • hakiemhakiem FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    yes the Twitter iOS app has a similar function.
This discussion has been closed.