**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Franklin Wireless 850 data usage

brian slaninabrian slanina FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Does anyone know what could be eating up my data? I literally view 1 web page per day and that's just to login real fast for credit. And maybe 15 minutes on InstaGC. I tested my other laptop data usage doing same exact things and my data use is nowhere near this. I've tried every setting on my laptop to stop the data flow. I can't figure it out. I'm sick of having to watch to make sure I don't go over my plan.

8/5/18 3:39 PM Plan Usage 7.46 MB
8/4/18 12:25 AM Plan Usage 26.56 MB
8/3/18 11:55 PM Plan Usage 67.71 MB
8/2/18 12:25 AM Plan Usage 135.31 KB
8/1/18 11:55 PM Plan Usage 630.71 KB
8/1/18 11:25 PM Plan Usage 31.48 MB
7/31/18 11:55 PM Plan Usage 20.51 MB
7/31/18 11:25 PM Plan Usage 38.53 MB

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,109 admin

Does anyone know what could be eating up my data? I literally view 1 web page per day and that's just to login real fast for credit. And maybe 15 minutes on InstaGC. I tested my other laptop data usage doing same exact things and my data use is nowhere near this. I've tried every setting on my laptop to stop the data flow. I can't figure it out. I'm sick of having to watch to make sure I don't go over my plan.

8/5/18 3:39 PM Plan Usage 7.46 MB
    8/4/18 12:25 AM Plan Usage 26.56 MB
    8/3/18 11:55 PM Plan Usage 67.71 MB
    8/2/18 12:25 AM Plan Usage 135.31 KB
    8/1/18 11:55 PM Plan Usage 630.71 KB
    8/1/18 11:25 PM Plan Usage 31.48 MB
    7/31/18 11:55 PM Plan Usage 20.51 MB
    7/31/18 11:25 PM Plan Usage 38.53 MB

We are sorry to learn about the unexpected usage, but let us see how we can help. You mentioned that you tested this in a different laptop, which didn't use up much data.
    Possibly, the first computer you used, is running apps or processes or automatic downloads in the background.
    If that PC is running a Windows 10 OS system, you might find this article helpful on how to stop your PC from running them:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-apps-running-background-windows-10
  • catfplarucatfplaru FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem. Still using same computer for last 5 years, Windows 8. Happens exactly every 30 minutes day and night, including when I am not home or asleep. Computer is powered OFF most of the time, and no other devices are connected but data keeps being used. Only thing that stops this is turning off my FreedomPop device. Has the FreedomPop system been hacked to steal people's data?
    catfplaru said:

I am having the same problem. Still using same computer for last 5 years, Windows 8. Happens exactly every 30 minutes day and night, including when I am not home or asleep. Computer is powered OFF most of the time, and no other devices are connected but data keeps being used. Only thing that stops this is turning off my FreedomPop device. Has the FreedomPop system been hacked to steal people's data?

Possibly, someone has gained access to your Freedompop device network. Did you reset the password when the device was received?
    If you have not, please provide us with your device's MEID number to be able to give you the steps to change the password and see if there is any change.
  • jimmyjelljimmyjell FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. I have the login with new Lenovo, Windows 10.Even my laptop is turned off, still i am losing data
    jimmyjell said:

I am having the same problem. I have the login with new Lenovo, Windows 10.Even my laptop is turned off, still i am losing data

We are sorry to learn that Jimmy. Can you please confirm your device's MEID number to check into your data usage and ensure it's not a bug?