**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need Old Non Device swapped with new

Navdeep SoodNavdeep Sood FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
My LG Nexus is dead. I have a CDMA phone currently active with Virgin with Sprint SIM. Also, it is compatible with Sprint given it's on Virgin. Can we swap the device so that I can start using it?
Thanks.

Answers

• DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin

My LG Nexus is dead. I have a CDMA phone currently active with Virgin with Sprint SIM. Also, it is compatible with Sprint given it's on Virgin. Can we swap the device so that I can start using it?
    Thanks.

Hello Navdeep,

Currently, our system will only take CDMA phones that are locked with Sprint, any other device will not work with the network.
  • Navdeep SoodNavdeep Sood FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Thanks Diego- so an unlocked CDMA phone active on Virgin network which uses Sprint will not work? This CDMA phone must be locked to Sprint in order to work? Old LG was also unlocked CDMA/GSM and it worked just fine. Is there any other way besides going with the GSM plan?
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin

Thanks Diego- so an unlocked CDMA phone active on Virgin network which uses Sprint will not work? This CDMA phone must be locked to Sprint in order to work? Old LG was also unlocked CDMA/GSM and it worked just fine. Is there any other way besides going with the GSM plan?

Correct, it will not work. The phone must be locked to Sprint.

In this case, the options are; getting a CDMA Sprint-locked device or a universally unlocked GSM and order a SIM card.