**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to use FreedomPop Account

JTaylorJTaylor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
I have put credit on my account twice, but still show a billing problem. The account is unresponsive, I have tried to change my credit card info, tried to send an email and tried to call for support. So far nothing has worked. My phone stopped working a week ago and I am not able to get ahold of anyone to help. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,209 admin
    JTaylor said:

I have put credit on my account twice, but still show a billing problem. The account is unresponsive, I have tried to change my credit card info, tried to send an email and tried to call for support. So far nothing has worked. My phone stopped working a week ago and I am not able to get ahold of anyone to help. Anyone have any ideas?

We are sorry to learn that you are still unable to reactivate the account. Can you please confirm you are attempting to make this change over on a PC after clearing cache and cookies? Or an incognito window?
    Also, make sure you are using a valid physical debit or credit card or Paypal account. Any type of prepaid cards or virtual cards are not accepted.
  • JTaylorJTaylor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    Thanks for responding. I have cleared cache as well as tried using incognito on firefox and chrome. Neither one made a difference. I also tried Visa and Mastercard. Will not update my account. When I look at the billing history, I show credits of 10 and 15 dollars and a 0 bill every month, so I don't know why it was ever suspended in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • laura_flaura_f FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    I am having this same problem with my account. I have had automatic paypal payments for over a year. All of a sudden freedompop can't process my payment and service is suspended. I added money and it's sitting in paypal waiting for freeddompop to collect it, as my service remains suspended.

In addition, I purchased sims card with paypal. Same thing. They sat there waiting for freedompop to collect it's money. They never did! The transactions expired and paypal cancelled the transactions.

So does freedompop not accept paypal anymore?
    JTaylor said:

Thanks for responding. I have cleared cache as well as tried using incognito on firefox and chrome. Neither one made a difference. I also tried Visa and Mastercard. Will not update my account. When I look at the billing history, I show credits of 10 and 15 dollars and a 0 bill every month, so I don't know why it was ever suspended in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We are sorry to learn that. Please forward a screenshot of the error you get.
    laura_f said:

I am having this same problem with my account. I have had automatic paypal payments for over a year. All of a sudden freedompop can't process my payment and service is suspended. I added money and it's sitting in paypal waiting for freeddompop to collect it, as my service remains suspended.

In addition, I purchased sims card with paypal. Same thing. They sat there waiting for freedompop to collect it's money. They never did! The transactions expired and paypal cancelled the transactions.

We do accept Paypal, let us look into this for you too. Can you please confirm the email address you used to place the orders?
  • laura_flaura_f FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    edited September 4 #6
    thenaturegal

The top has expired now also.

Post edited by laura_f on
    There is a transaction on my account that I did not authorize. Is this causing the problem and can I have it removed? Once removed, will this fix the billing error I am receiving? Below is the transaction. Thanks

Date
    Time
    Transaction Number
    Description
    Paid
    8/23/18
    1:17 PM
    Global Plus 300
    US$0.00
    JTaylor said:

There is a transaction on my account that I did not authorize. Is this causing the problem and can I have it removed? Once removed, will this fix the billing error I am receiving? Below is the transaction. Thanks

Date
    Time
    Transaction Number
    Description
    Paid
    8/23/18
    1:17 PM
    Global Plus 300
    US$0.00

There is no transaction pending or failed, at least not under the line for the Iphone under the line ending in 5550.

That account indicates several failed attempts to update billing information. Make sure you are using a valid physical debit or credit card or Paypal account. Any type of prepaid cards or virtual cards are not accepted.

We need to have a screenshot of the error you get when you try to update it.

JTaylor said:

We are sorry to learn that. Please forward a screenshot of the error you get.
    laura_f said:

We do accept Paypal, let us look into this for you too. Can you please confirm the email address you used to place the orders?
    Can you please confirm the email address for the order to be able to look into our end, under the FP order to look into the charged on the screenshot?

here is a screen shot. It just keeps taking me back to the billing page.

JTaylor said:

here is a screen shot. It just keeps taking me back to the billing page.

We are sorry, we are afraid the screenshot did not upload.
    Any follow up on the billing issue I have experienced. I have tried everything you requested and sent you all the information you requested, but I have not heard anything back yet and to date I can still not use my Freedompop phone. If you are unable to fix this issue, will you be refunding me all the money I have sunk into this accout? Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from someone. Thanks
    Here is an image of the latest billing error. Shows a bill due on 10-20-18, but I have been told that there is no global plan associated with my account. So either there is a record problem or a billing issue. Either way I never ordered or authorized any extra's on this phone and it seems to keep billing my credit card, which I had to cancel because no one could tell me where these charges are coming from. Now it will not let me update my CC and will not allow the account to work. There should be a $15 credit on this account, not a bill. Thank You
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    JTaylor said:

Here is an image of the latest billing error. Shows a bill due on 10-20-18, but I have been told that there is no global plan associated with my account. So either there is a record problem or a billing issue. Either way I never ordered or authorized any extra's on this phone and it seems to keep billing my credit card, which I had to cancel because no one could tell me where these charges are coming from. Now it will not let me update my CC and will not allow the account to work. There should be a $15 credit on this account, not a bill. Thank You

Hello JTaylor! We are sorry, we are afraid the screenshot or image did not upload.

Upon review, we can see that the service Global 300 was added to your account on 08-23-2018. The cost for this service is $4.99 and we have not been able to collect this fee since 09-20-2018.

Please remove this service from your account to avoid a renewal charge in 10-20-18.

Our payment system has recently been updated and this is the reason why some credit/debit cards or Paypal accounts are not being accepted. We need you to update your billing information to be able to reactivate your account. By "update" we mean to use another credit card since the system is not able to charge the current one.

We currently accept all major credit cards and debit cards (not prepaid). We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.

Also, make sure to follow the next steps to perform the update on your payment info:
    1) Clear cookies and Cache of the web browser or Try in a different browser.
    2) Try to update on your payment info through a different device.
    3) Try to use an incognito tab by pressing "Ctrl + shift + N" in the keyboard while navigating in the browser.

If you keep having issues, it would also be a good idea trying to update your payment info via our IVR phone support system at 888-743-8107.

As soon as the $4.99 fee is collected and the service Global 300 is canceled, we are willing to make an exception and refund this charge immediately.
    I have been trying to get this corrected since August. I can not remove the Global 300 service, because it won't let me into my account. I have not been able to update my credit card. I have tried two different cards and cleared my cache. Even tried a different computer. Please let me know what else I can do. I should have never been billed the $4.99, infact there should have still been a $15 top off credit on this account! Is there someone I can talk to about getting this all fixed? I am really frustrated with the billing system. Thanks
    JTaylor said:

I have been trying to get this corrected since August. I can not remove the Global 300 service, because it won't let me into my account. I have not been able to update my credit card. I have tried two different cards and cleared my cache. Even tried a different computer. Please let me know what else I can do. I should have never been billed the $4.99, infact there should have still been a $15 top off credit on this account! Is there someone I can talk to about getting this all fixed? I am really frustrated with the billing system. Thanks

Hi! we need some clarification. How can you have tried to update the payment information if you are unable to access your online profile?
    Yes, I have tried several times to update my payment information. It will not accept my payment information. Every time I enter my credit card info, I receive a reply that my accout is suspended. Because it is suspended it will not let me make changes, so I can not remove the Global 300 service. I am asking if you can remove this Global 300 service and unfreeze my account so that I might update it. If you can not do that, is there a person that I can call who can help me out. Thank You
    JTaylor said:

Yes, I have tried several times to update my payment information. It will not accept my payment information. Every time I enter my credit card info, I receive a reply that my accout is suspended. Because it is suspended it will not let me make changes, so I can not remove the Global 300 service. I am asking if you can remove this Global 300 service and unfreeze my account so that I might update it. If you can not do that, is there a person that I can call who can help me out. Thank You

Good day, Mr. Taylor. We were informed by a higher team that you are attempting to update billing information on the account using a gift card.
    As mentioned in a previous response, we accept all major valid credit cards and debit cards (not prepaid, gift or virtual cards). We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
    The account will unsuspend as soon as a valid payment goes through.