Messaging refuses to use wifi, with huge cellular data use

hko302hko302 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I have noticed huge amounts of data use for calls made, even when I am on wifi. (phone ending in 9335)
I tried to set the advanced network settings on the app to "use wifi only".... Still no good. Still 20+ MB for a single phone call, according to the usage web page.
I tried also to turn off network data on the phone, but then the phone is unable to reliably place calls even when on wifi.
I am ready to give up on FreedomPop...
Any suggestions?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hko302hko302 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the answer.
    I will look at it again when on cellular data. For the moment I am using WiFi almost exclusively.

I have been able to stop the data use when I turn off cellular data (by changing settings both on the phone and on the app) and only use WiFi. That is an improvement and works fine when I'm on WiFi at work or home, but I want to fine tune my understanding and my use of the service, for times when I don't have WiFi, so I have some other questions:

1. What is the "use wifi only" setting in the app (not on the phone OS, but the Messaging app itself)?
    Does it do just what it sounds like?
    Should I use that if I want to limit data use?
    Will it still let me know of incoming calls/texts when I'm NOT on wifi?

2. Should I modify any of the codec settings on audio if I want to save data and I am willing to live with a slight degradation of my call audio?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.