Premium Voice outgoing call failure

ceolfridceolfrid Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
Whenever I make an outgoing call using data, it tries to use Premium Voice (which it should - I'm paying for it), but I always get the same error message (spoken, after a few rings) - "We are unable to complete your call at this time. Please try again later." On WiFi, when Premium Voice doesn't come on, calls work fine. Texts work fine. Incoming calls also work fine. I tried the following, and none of them helped - System Update, PRL Update, soft reset, data sync. I also made sure I had the latest update of the messaging app. This has only been happening for the last couple days.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Android phone.

Has anyone else experienced this and has a solution?

Answers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aaron (Last Day 21st)Aaron (Last Day 21st) Posts: 88FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭
    I’ve had the same exact issue for almost a week now. I’m working with CarlosG and Twitter support, but so far they haven’t fixed it. I have a byod iPhone 5c. Had been working fine for over a year with a Premium Voice...
    - Aaron
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ceolfridceolfrid Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    @DiegoG I first noticed the problem on the phone ending in 0609.
    I've now verified that all 4 of our family phones are affected. I strongly suspect that the most recent Messaging App update messed up the way Premium Voice is initiated.

I found a temporary (and annoying) workaround until they fix this -

If you uninstall the updates for the messaging app, it will disable Premium Voice. Without Premium Voice, the system is able to complete calls. There are lots of other problems with not having any of the messaging app updates, though, so right after I'm done making a call, I have to re-install updates so that my phone works properly. Not a good solution, but it's something.
    Update - factory reset of the phone doesn't solve the problem, either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.