**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SMS message outbound failure.

sttsstts Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
I did a search and found nobody talking about this. My longer outbound SMS texts are being garbled. Short messages to my friends seem to go thru. The longer ones are completely trashed even if I copy paste it and send it again. All the messages sent to me are clear except for when my friends copy paste and send the garbage message back to me. Then I see what they are talking about. This is new and has not been going on very long.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cindy CarperCindy Carper Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue. Short texts are fine, but longer texts appear to be "in code".
  • sttsstts Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    hello, the last 4 are 0524. Also, when I reboot my phone, Messanger is stuck with the circle that goes round and round and round untill I connect thru wifi. Then the circle goes away and I can look thru my messages. But I still have internet access to surf the web. Happens every time I reboot the phone. I figured if I had internet thru the LTE connection, that messanger would function 100%. But thats not whats happening.
    María_M said:

stts said:

hello, the last 4 are 0524. Also, when I reboot my phone, Messanger is stuck with the circle that goes round and round and round untill I connect thru wifi. Then the circle goes away and I can look thru my messages. But I still have internet access to surf the web. Happens every time I reboot the phone. I figured if I had internet thru the LTE connection, that messanger would function 100%. But thats not whats happening.

Thank you. We recommend the next steps to ensure systems are set up correctly.

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store for Android .

You can use this link directly: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

Then:
    1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More(upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update
    . Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    6. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

After performing the PRL update please perform a carrier reset. In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL): 740919. If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

Here are the steps to reset:

1. Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    3. Enter # # 72786 #
    4. If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right-hand corner.
    5. Confirm the reset.
    6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process
    Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.

ok, I did all this and I dont know yet if my long text garbled problem is fixed. But I still got the same problem where messanger busy icon goes round and round endlessly until I connect to wifi. But the internet access via LTE is working. So I dont get message notifications thru the day until my wifi connects somewhere. Like at the grocery store. I walk in there and my phone starts to beep all kinds of ways. I have had this problem for quite awhile.
    The initial step one did not match up with my S5 phone, but I was able to access settings another way. The carrier reset seems to have resolved my problem. Thank you for your assistance.
  • yovasoli101yovasoli101 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I sent a website link to a friend via imessage(or text) and it said message send failure. I sent it to someone else and it went through. ... If you turn off data, messages can only go out as texts. The message send failed means that for one of many possible reasons you can't iMessage that particular contact
  • Timothy HuangTimothy Huang Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue with my S5 -- long texts undecipherable to recipient. Please advise....
    My text giberish problem also seems to have been resolved. But my messenger client still only works with wifi. I dont get any texts if Im only connected via the LTE phone tower. How can I fix that? Im not around wifi except when I go to stores for things. I dont have wifi internet at home. I was kicked off cable internet for "violating their terms of service". The costs of being a yuge Trump supporter.
    stts said:

My text giberish problem also seems to have been resolved. But my messenger client still only works with wifi. I dont get any texts if Im only connected via the LTE phone tower. How can I fix that? Im not around wifi except when I go to stores for things. I dont have wifi internet at home. I was kicked off cable internet for "violating their terms of service". The costs of being a yuge Trump supporter.

Bump, anybody have any ideas on this? It seems I can send texts while I only have a voice LTE connection but I cant recieve texts until I connect with a wifi somewhere. I dont have wifi at home. So at home I dont ever get any texts. Its been like this for a long time. Also, if I reboot my phone at home, the messanger app is stuck with the busy circle until I go somewhere that has a wifi. But I get internet access thru the voice LTE connection. So I dont know what the problem could be. Clearly I have an adaquate LTE signal so I have resisted getting one of those expensive cell signal boosters.