**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Transferring phone no from Virgin Mobile to FreedomPop

myoungho12myoungho12 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
Hi,

I have an account with Virgin Mobile which uses the Sprint network. I called Virgin Mobile and received a 9-digit account number. Together with my 6-digit pin number I thought I was ready to transfer my phone no.

However, I receive the message that my account does not have an existing phone no.
I contacted FreedomPop and 'Emilio' gave me a machine-created, standardized answer that did not help me in this case. This is a picture of the message I received.

Can someone help me to transfer my phone no to FreedomPop?

Thanks a lot,
Myoung

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin

Hi,

I have an account with Virgin Mobile which uses the Sprint network. I called Virgin Mobile and received a 9-digit account number. Together with my 6-digit pin number I thought I was ready to transfer my phone no.

However, I receive the message that my account does not have an existing phone no.
    I contacted FreedomPop and 'Emilio' gave me a machine-created, standardized answer that did not help me in this case. This is a picture of the message I received.

Thanks a lot,
    Myoung

Hello myoungho12! In order to port in your Virgin's phone number, it is necessary to assign a phone number to the FreedomPop account. For more information about this process please visit the following link:

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2055/kw/port in
  • myoungho12myoungho12 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    María_M said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot,
    Myoung

Hello myoungho12! In order to port in your Virgin's phone number, it is necessary to assign a phone number to the FreedomPop account. For more information about this process please visit the following link:

Hi Maria,

I already have a phone number. I also followed all the steps mentioned in the link you posted.
    However, I always get the message from FreedomPop that my account does not have an existing phone number which is irritating.

Do you have any specific advice what I should do?
    Thank you,
    Myoung

María_M said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot,
    Myoung

Hi Maria,

I already have a phone number. I also followed all the steps mentioned in the link you posted.
    However, I always get the message from FreedomPop that my account does not have an existing phone number which is irritating.

Do you have any specific advice what I should do?
    Thank you,
    Myoung
    We have confirmed that your FreedomPop account has no phone number assigned. By this, we mean that you need to select a new FreedomPop phone number to it to be able to port in your other carrier's phone number.

Once you have selected a phone number for your FreedomPop account, you need to follow the steps that are indicated in the previous link.

• dajim92dajim92 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Hey Myoung - any resolution to this problem? I'm in the same boat! Thanks!
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,684 admin
    dajim92 said:

Hey Myoung - any resolution to this problem? I'm in the same boat! Thanks!

Hi! We are sorry to learn that. Could you please provide a screenshot?
    Adam884 said:

hii... Is there any problem with BYOD system?

I was checking the availablity of BYOD on a Sprint LG phone. I entered a zip code with my mail id but an error occured saying,"Invalid Zip Code".
    I noticed that the freedompop webpage reroutes and checks the zip code and thus it gives an error. Please help me fix this problem.

Hi! We can help you check on the zip code to check on coverage for you area as well as the device's compatibility with the BYOD program. Please provide us with your zip code and the device's MEID number.
  • Adam884Adam884 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2

Adam884 said:

I was checking the availablity of BYOD on a Sprint LG phone. I entered a zip code with my mail id but an error occured saying,"Invalid Zip Code".
    I noticed that the freedompop webpage reroutes and checks the zip code and thus it gives an error. Please help me fix this problem.

Hi! We can help you check on the zip code to check on coverage for you area as well as the device's compatibility with the BYOD program. Please provide us with your zip code and the device's MEID number.
    https://mobdro.ooo
    Adam884 said:

Adam884 said:

https://mobdro.ooo
    I'm sorry, I'm unable to open the file. Can you please type in your zip code and the device's MEID number instead?
  • timmatimma FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1

I want to transfer my phone number to freedompop. but in the third step, i get this error.
    timma said:

I want to transfer my phone number to freedompop. but in the third step, i get this error.

Hello timma! We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.