**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Transferring phone no from Virgin Mobile to FreedomPop

myoungho12myoungho12 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
Hi,

I have an account with Virgin Mobile which uses the Sprint network. I called Virgin Mobile and received a 9-digit account number. Together with my 6-digit pin number I thought I was ready to transfer my phone no.

However, I receive the message that my account does not have an existing phone no.
I contacted FreedomPop and 'Emilio' gave me a machine-created, standardized answer that did not help me in this case. This is a picture of the message I received.

Can someone help me to transfer my phone no to FreedomPop?

Thanks a lot,
Myoung

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,832 admin

Hi,

I have an account with Virgin Mobile which uses the Sprint network. I called Virgin Mobile and received a 9-digit account number. Together with my 6-digit pin number I thought I was ready to transfer my phone no.

However, I receive the message that my account does not have an existing phone no.
    I contacted FreedomPop and 'Emilio' gave me a machine-created, standardized answer that did not help me in this case. This is a picture of the message I received.

Thanks a lot,
    Myoung

Hello myoungho12! In order to port in your Virgin's phone number, it is necessary to assign a phone number to the FreedomPop account. For more information about this process please visit the following link:

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2055/kw/port in
  • myoungho12myoungho12 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    María_M said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot,
    Myoung

Hello myoungho12! In order to port in your Virgin's phone number, it is necessary to assign a phone number to the FreedomPop account. For more information about this process please visit the following link:

Hi Maria,

I already have a phone number. I also followed all the steps mentioned in the link you posted.
    However, I always get the message from FreedomPop that my account does not have an existing phone number which is irritating.

Do you have any specific advice what I should do?
    Thank you,
    Myoung
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,832 admin

María_M said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot,
    Myoung

Hi Maria,

I already have a phone number. I also followed all the steps mentioned in the link you posted.
    However, I always get the message from FreedomPop that my account does not have an existing phone number which is irritating.

Do you have any specific advice what I should do?
    Thank you,
    Myoung
    We have confirmed that your FreedomPop account has no phone number assigned. By this, we mean that you need to select a new FreedomPop phone number to it to be able to port in your other carrier's phone number.

Once you have selected a phone number for your FreedomPop account, you need to follow the steps that are indicated in the previous link.

• dajim92dajim92 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Hey Myoung - any resolution to this problem? I'm in the same boat! Thanks!
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,109 admin
    dajim92 said:

Hey Myoung - any resolution to this problem? I'm in the same boat! Thanks!

Hi! We are sorry to learn that. Could you please provide a screenshot?