**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Texts coming through as gibberish

Angus McKayAngus McKay Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
I've been receiving texts that come through as foreign characters (see attached screenshot). They're from people I've texted before and never had problems, but just today it's become an issue. Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• David NelsonDavid Nelson Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd like to know this too. I suddenly have the same problem today. It looks like all Chinese (or other Asian) characters
  • asyorbaasyorba Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem. Delete and reinstalled FP app. Using iPhone
    Sample:
    䤠睩汬⁳桯眠楴⁴漠䉡湣桡渮⁁汴桯畧栠獨攠楳敡癩湧⁦潲⁡⁓潵瑨睥獴潵牮敹⁴潭潲牯眡
  • jr52isjr52is Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same thing happening to me.
  • Janine DolenJanine Dolen Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes I experienced this just today while texting my son . Are the Chinese taking over? Hope not , I'm too old to start learning Mandrin now .
  • Brenna RiveraBrenna Rivera Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same. After reading your post I reinstalled the APN profile and now it's working fine.
  • I've been receiving texts that come through as foreign characters (see attached screenshot). They're from people I've texted before and never had problems, but just today it's become an issue. Is there a way to fix this?

I'd like to know this too. I suddenly have the same problem today. It looks like all Chinese (or other Asian) characters

asyorba said:

Same problem. Delete and reinstalled FP app. Using iPhone
    Sample:
    䤠睩汬⁳桯眠楴⁴漠䉡湣桡渮⁁汴桯畧栠獨攠楳敡癩湧⁦潲⁡⁓潵瑨睥獴潵牮敹⁴潭潲牯眡

jr52is said:

Same thing happening to me.

Yes I experienced this just today while texting my son . Are the Chinese taking over? Hope not , I'm too old to start learning Mandrin now .

Same. After reading your post I reinstalled the APN profile and now it's working fine.

Hello everyone!

We are sorry for the inconveniences this has caused. We have received an update from our Development department indicating that the issue has been fixed already.

Could you please confirm if the app, specifically the text messages are working fine by now?
  • DonnaBNJDonnaBNJ Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Had Chinese text on Friday and gibberish Sat. morning. English text Sat. afternoon. Tried to text today, and gibberish again. You said it was fixed, it is not.
  • DdSxhX6fDdSxhX6f Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    As Brenna said, I can confirm that reinstalling or updating your APN Profile will fix the chinese/asian characters in texts problem. To do so, dial ##72786# on the phone dialer. There will be a couple phone reboots. You will see your phone's date and time be incorrect after final reboot. Make sure to set the right time and date before restarting FreedomPop Messenging. I got caught in a loop saying Unsupported Media Format because I did not reset the time/date. You should be good to go after that !!!!
  • Angus McKayAngus McKay Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    It looks like it's working. Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.