**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

charged for data usage over wifi

VamshiVamshi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
I activated my samsung phone over the weekend and it was on wifi. my kids do use it over wifi at home to see you tube videos. A day later I was charged 5 times $15 each a total of $75. This was all used over my WIFI.
I read somewhere that Freedom pop only charges if we use data over mobile not over my home wifi. If you charge for the data used over home wifi then what is the point of having this service in the first place?.

I appreciate if you guys can look into this what seems to be insane

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 337 admin
    Vamshi said:

I activated my samsung phone over the weekend and it was on wifi. my kids do use it over wifi at home to see you tube videos. A day later I was charged 5 times $15 each a total of $75. This was all used over my WIFI.
    I read somewhere that Freedom pop only charges if we use data over mobile not over my home wifi. If you charge for the data used over home wifi then what is the point of having this service in the first place?.

I appreciate if you guys can look into this what seems to be insane

Hello Vamshi,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where the charges were made?
  • VamshiVamshi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    yes, its the same email
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    Vamshi said:

yes, its the same email

Hello Vamshi! Thank you for reaching out FreedomPop. We are sorry to learn about your problem. Our records show that you are being assisted on this matter by one of our representatives. We would like to avoid providing you with assistance for the same matter over different channels to prevent over verification or to interrupt what another colleague may already be guiding you on.