**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Device upgrade

Darryl HildDarryl Hild FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 18
Hi,

Im trying to upgrade a phone on my account (which has 3 phones on it currently)

I have a new Samsung Prevail LTE (that was previously used on FreedomPop by someone else). Ideally, I would like to switch the new phone (Samsung Prevail LTE) for the ZTE force line. And then switch the ZTE force in for the Moto2 line.

Thanks

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 337 admin

Hi,

Im trying to upgrade a phone on my account (which has 3 phones on it currently)

I have a new Samsung Prevail LTE (that was previously used on FreedomPop by someone else). Ideally, I would like to switch the new phone (Samsung Prevail LTE) for the ZTE force line. And then switch the ZTE force in for the Moto2 line.

Thanks

Hi Darryl,

Our team is more than willing to help you with this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account/s where these devices are Active?

Please send us all of the device's MEID (MAC/DEC) numbers so that we can take a closer look at all of them.
  • Darryl HildDarryl Hild FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 18
    Yes, the email is the same in my profile as my account.
    The MEID of the "new" Samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE is 0x99000478066231. It was previously active on FreedomPop under another account. I don't have the ZTE force in front of me, but it's current phone number is 858-432-6552. The MotoE2 I bought from FreedomPop died a little while back but is still on my account (I reactivated it today with phone number 858-465-4040).

I would like to switch the "new" Galaxy Prevail LTE with the ZTE force (using phone number 858-432-6552 and maintaining the NoAutoTopUp feature on that phone number)

Then, since the MotoE2 is dead, I'd like to switch the ZTE force with the MotoE2 (using phone number 858-465-4040)

Thanks.

The MEID of the "new" Samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE is 0x99000478066231. It was previously active on FreedomPop under another account. I don't have the ZTE force in front of me, but it's current phone number is 858-432-6552. The MotoE2 I bought from FreedomPop died a little while back but is still on my account (I reactivated it today with phone number 858-465-4040).

I would like to switch the "new" Galaxy Prevail LTE with the ZTE force (using phone number 858-432-6552 and maintaining the NoAutoTopUp feature on that phone number)

Then, since the MotoE2 is dead, I'd like to switch the ZTE force with the MotoE2 (using phone number 858-465-4040)

Thanks.

I have successfully swapped the devices to the accounts requested. Please turn them off and back on and let me know if they work properly.
    The Galaxy Prevail LTE now seems to be working on the FreedomPop network. However, after briefly showing an LTE icon, it has only been on 3G since. Sprint has good coverage in the area I'm in with other Sprint phones working on LTE here. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the Galaxy Prevail LTE phone.

The Galaxy Prevail LTE now seems to be working on the FreedomPop network. However, after briefly showing an LTE icon, it has only been on 3G since. Sprint has good coverage in the area I'm in with other Sprint phones working on LTE here. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the Galaxy Prevail LTE phone.

It can take a couple of hours for the swap process to be complete. Please try it once more in an hour and let me know if it works.
    I tried updating the PRL and profile. And then dialed ##72786#. As it performed the carrier reset I saw the LTE icon at the top of the screen. But, once it completed and rebooted I get an error "unable to establish a wireless data connection EHRDP : 7" and only 3G icon at the top of the screen
  • DiegoGDiegoG Posts: 436 admin

I tried updating the PRL and profile. And then dialed ##72786#. As it performed the carrier reset I saw the LTE icon at the top of the screen. But, once it completed and rebooted I get an error "unable to establish a wireless data connection EHRDP : 7" and only 3G icon at the top of the screen

We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.