Due to our current migration process, some of our operations will be temporarily unavailable in order to make the transition seamless. One of those being our ability to swap devices. Rest assured as we are working diligently to resume all operations for a better overall experience.

However, as we understand the excitement of waiting on pending situations, we still offer customers the ability to BYOD (bring your own device) in order to expedite the use of the desired device. Feel free to find out more by visiting the following link:
https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2914/kw/byod

Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

Want to move my ph # from my old FP phone to my new FP phone

GregR999GregR999 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
Please let me know how to transfer my existing FreedomPop ph# from my old Moto E 2nd Gen phone to my new Samsung Galaxy Note phone. (Both phones purchased from FP).

GregR

Best Answer

Answers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GregR999GregR999 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, I have assigned a new temporary number to the new Samsung phone, ending in 0299. What is the next step?

BTW, the battery in this device has been discharging incredibly fast. I have never seen a device lose charge anything close to this rapidly. I’ve had the new phone for 3 days now and have not used it very much at all and yet it has discharged very rapidly several times already. Please advise.
    Still need to apply my old Ph# to my new Galaxy Note 3.

Also have very significant connection issues. Have been able to connect to WiFi since I received the phone 4 days ago. However, it frequently (very frequently) drops the connection. Not seeing this issue on any of my other devices..

I was finally able to see a mobile network (Sprint) connection last night. Strong signal but very short-lived. Most of the time I get no cell network signal at all (red X) or, sometimes, a very weak signal.

Roaming issues? Is this 4G? The map for Sprint 4G looks very good in my area but my new phone not seeing it very often for reasons unknown.

GregR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018 #6
    GregR999 said:

Still need to apply my old Ph# to my new Galaxy Note 3.

Also have very significant connection issues. Have been able to connect to WiFi since I received the phone 4 days ago. However, it frequently (very frequently) drops the connection. Not seeing this issue on any of my other devices..

I was finally able to see a mobile network (Sprint) connection last night. Strong signal but very short-lived. Most of the time I get no cell network signal at all (red X) or, sometimes, a very weak signal.

Roaming issues? Is this 4G? The map for Sprint 4G looks very good in my area but my new phone not seeing it very often for reasons unknown.

GregR

Hello GregR999!

As you have requested, we've transferred phone number ending in 9122 to your Samsung device. Please be sure to synchronize account data in order to ensure the correct phone number is reflected on the device:

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3240/kw/sync

In regards to the problems with the network connection, we'd recommend you to perform a PRL update on the device. You may find instructions here: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3124/kw/prl update
    I had expected you guys to tell me how to make the phone # change. I did NOT want that switch made until connection issues with my new Galaxy Note 3 had been resolved. As it is now, I have tried the suggested fixes but the problems have still not been solved.

It is now extremely difficult for friends, family, doctors and clients to reach me at all. I spend nearly 16 hours/day at home but now have almost no phone reception there. The mobile network and WiFi connection were very solid and reliable with my older FreedomPop Moto E phone (ATT mobile network?). Since I no longer have access with that’s phone, it is nearly impossible to reach me or for me to contact others via phone or text msg. Please HELP.

Greg Rapoza

Yes, please transfer the 9122 ph number back to my Moto E device ASAP.

I have already performed a carrier reset several times in the past few days. Have also performed Update PRL and Update Profile a few times. When I attempt an account data synchronization at my apartment, it tells me that I need a SIM. When I ask for Status (under About Device) it shows Mobile Network State = Disconnected. Even when I drive to an area where I get a decent Sprint signal. Under status, it also shows 669-666-2191 as My Phone Number. Very odd.

Greg Rapoza
    Will you please transfer that 9122 back to my Moto E device TODAY. Can you also transfer the temporary 0299 number back to the new Galaxy Note 3 phone so that we can continue to troubleshoot it. Does it need a new SIM or some further adjustment to the FP installed SIM?

Greg Rapoza
  • GregR999 said:

Will you please transfer that 9122 back to my Moto E device TODAY. Can you also transfer the temporary 0299 number back to the new Galaxy Note 3 phone so that we can continue to troubleshoot it. Does it need a new SIM or some further adjustment to the FP installed SIM?

Greg Rapoza

Hey GregR999!

As you have requested, we've transferred phone number ending in 0299 back to your Moto E device and phone number ending in 9122 has been reactivated on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Please be sure to power cycle both devices and once they're back on, synchronize account data by following the instructions provided here: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3240/kw/sync

In regards to the connection problems on your Samsung device, could you please be so kind as to confirm the last four digits of the ICCID number on the SIM card?
    The last four digits of the ICCID for my Galaxy Note 3 SIM is 1872

Yes, the Sprint network problems persist. I called up Tech Support on Fri afternoon, 9/14, and did not really get any additional help. I was asked to perform a Carrier Reset even tho I had previously done so several times last week. Successfully did a PRL Update and Profile Update as it had before. I was then asked to uninstall and reinstall FP Messaging app even tho I had also done this before. This all took a very long time. Tech Support person hung up on me (or left me on permanent hold) before this task was completed. Successfully performed the FP app update. Performed another Sync Account and Device reboot. Still not working properly.

Please note that I just submitted a tech support ticket this morning with more details and feedback. Reference #180924-000745
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks, Maria. Where do I find this PM?
    Maria, Angie et al,

Where is this private message mentioned on 9/25? Is there PM available on the FP web site? Can’t seem to find this. Or are you talking about sending emails to my GMail account? Pls let me know ASAP.

Note that I’ve been in possession of the Note 3 phone for more than 2 weeks and still do not have it working properly. I received the phone from USPS on 9/14.

This phone has another problem not previously mentioned. At first, it appeared to be a relatively minor MECHANICAL issue. But it has become rather serious in the past 3 days. The charging socket on the phone is the issue. It has become increasingly difficult to make a solid connection with a charging cable.The phone socket seems to be slightly too large and connections to it are very intermittent. The charging cable that came with the phone has NEVER made a good connection to this phone. (But works ok with other devices). Only 2 of my other 8 charging cables can be used to charge the Note 3 phone. Even then, it has taking a considerable amount of wiggling & coaxing to get a good enough connection to charge this phone.

I fear that, in the next few weeks, this will become worse & possibly unusable. Can I get this defective phone replaced with another Galaxy Note 3 (not a Note II as shown in one place on the FP site)? Note also that this Note 3 device has 32 Gb of storage (not 16 Gb).

Regards, Greg Rapoza
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.