**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Data compression service

MCJMCJ FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 26
I tried to sign up for compression but the page just sat there after I hit Confirm. I went back and checked my list of services, it is not on. Does this service work? Wouldn't I need a special app from FP to handle the decompression of the data streams inside my phone?

Best Answer

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    MCJ said:

I tried to sign up for compression but the page just sat there after I hit Confirm. I went back and checked my list of services, it is not on. Does this service work? Wouldn't I need a special app from FP to handle the decompression of the data streams inside my phone?

This depends on the type of device and line you have. Is this for a hotspot, LTE sim card or a CDMA device?
  • MCJMCJ FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 26
    Its for a FP sprint samsung galaxy.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,779 admin
    MCJ said:

Its for a FP sprint samsung galaxy.

can you please confirm the device's MEID number to check?
    Hmm
    Would be better to PM but I see no functions for that in this forum
    nintehnine
    Triple O
    473512two77
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    MCJ said:

Hmm
    Would be better to PM but I see no functions for that in this forum
    nintehnine
    Triple O
    473512two77

Thank you, upon review, we can see that the service Data compression should be available for this account. We recommend the next steps when adding this service to your account:

1) Clear cookies and Cache of the web browser or Try in a different browser.
    2) Use a Computer instead of a mobile device to perform this action.
    3) Try to use an incognito tab while navigating in the browser.
    Ok further noticing, the link for this service contains '/privatewifi/' and is actually an optional service when you already have the VPN service (it appears inside the group of VPN services listing). So it is not clear to the customer when clicking the service by itself out of the full services available that it applies only to VPN accounts and those using that app.
    So the service description needs edited ;-)
This discussion has been closed.