**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

The internet connection appears to be offline

qljqlj FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
I'm not sure if it is an APN configuration issue - when I tried to make a call or send a message via the FP app, I get an error message that the internet connection is offline.

I've tried the isoapn settings page and used the "att SIM" option - am I choosing the right product?

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 445 admin
    qlj said:

I'm not sure if it is an APN configuration issue - when I tried to make a call or send a message via the FP app, I get an error message that the internet connection is offline.

I've tried the isoapn settings page and used the "att SIM" option - am I choosing the right product?

Hi,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where the charges were made? Please, confirm the last four digits of the device that's having this issue as well.
  • qljqlj FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    yes, it is the same. Last 4 digits of phone number to the SIM card: 7655
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 445 admin
    qlj said:

yes, it is the same. Last 4 digits of phone number to the SIM card: 7655

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    I was asked how much data to sync and I chose 3weeks. I have not recieved tre completion notification.:: is it still running? And I did all the above steps but still unable to connect without WiFi.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    qlj said:

I was asked how much data to sync and I chose 3weeks. I have not recieved tre completion notification.:: is it still running? And I did all the above steps but still unable to connect without WiFi.

Hello qlj! Can you please confirm if your device is GSM unlocked running or iOS 8.2+.?

Please make sure to follow the next steps for IOS devices:

1) Download or update to the latest version of the FP Voice & Text from the iOS App Store
    iOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

2) Set APN
    -Open the Safari web browser (Only Safari will work)
    -Enter the web address "https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn"
    -Select your Country
    -Select your Product
    -Tap "Change APN"
    -Tap "Instal"

3) Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Data Roaming'

Click on the icon in the upper left-hand corner. Scroll all the way to the bottom of settings and click log out. Close the app by double tapping home screen button and swiping the app off of the multitask screen so it closes. Re-open FP talk and text app. Login in with proper account information.
    Yes, unlocked GSM and iOS ver 12.0. Retried all the mentioned steps. Still cannot connect withOut WiFi
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    qlj said:

Yes, unlocked GSM and iOS ver 12.0. Retried all the mentioned steps. Still cannot connect withOut WiFi

Our records show that you are being assisted on this matter by one of our representatives and there is an open escalation about this issue. We would like to avoid providing you with assistance for the same matter over different channels to prevent over verification or to interrupt what another colleague may already be guiding you on. In this case, we recommend checking your email inbox to continue being assisted. Let us know if we can help with something else, we hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
This discussion has been closed.