iPhone 7 Unlocked - Unable to use data LTE service

ZachAsfawZachAsfaw Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have iPhone 7 Unlocked - all except LTE data service is not working. I have tried going through the support articles, reset the iPhone and nothing seems to resolve the issue. I have over 44% data service left in my plan too.

Does anyone know what might be the root cause.

Thank you in advance.

Zach

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SamAndrew81SamAndrew81 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Exact same issue here. LTE data works, but calls and texts do not - very frustrating! :(
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SamAndrew81 ,
    I know it can be a pain when a device doesn't work as it should, and I want to get this working for you! Some things specifically describe iPhones. Excuse the android references.

Let's try some maintenance & troubleshooting steps:
    • First make sure there's no update available for your messaging app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en
    Voicemail App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.vvm&hl=en
    iPhone App http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

• Next: (if your device is a FreedomPop GSM device/SIM, and not CDMA, please skip to the next bulletpoint)
    Please try updating your PRL settings:
    a) Go to Settings then System Updates. Tap Profile Update then PRL Update.
    or
    b) Go to Settings then About Phone. Tap Profile Update then PRL Update.
    IPhones please do a Service update- On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call icon.

• Next, please open your FreedomPop Messaging App.
    Once you have it open, please click the 3 lines in a square Icon in upper left. Then in side bar find the white button in center area "Sync Account". Click that button. Up to five minutes to complete. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing.

The app will refresh and you should be able to receive calls again. If this works, test every other part you might be done right here. Click the touch tone pad in upper right. Dial a test number to see if it works.

• If that still doesn't work:
    Sometimes things can go haywire within the app. To restart it go to your home screen and click the button that displays all your applications. Select Settings. Look for Applications or Application Manager, and from there select the FreedomPop Messaging App. Clear Cache and when that's done, Click Force Stop.
    Note: Make sure NOT to click, “Clear Data” that will erase all your text messages.

• Next, please open your FreedomPop Messaging App.
    Once you have it open, please click 3 lines in a square in upper left, in the center is a white button, click "Sync Account" in the left side bar. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing.

From here, make a call to see if the problem has been resolved. Click the touch tone dot cluster in upper right. Dial your test call.

Note: Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have a good cellular signal, too. I like to do mine outdoors or near a window with no obstructions.

Note: On Samsung Phones after you click Settings, Find the “More or 4th tab over”, top right corner and then Scroll down to find “Application/Application Management”.

Note: Some Androids, you will find System Update in ("About Setting").
    Please let me know if this doesn't solve the problem, or if you have any additional questions!

• If all above did not work for you, then there is this.(“Carrier Reset:”)—Open the Native Dialer on your phone and dial ##72786#. Follow the prompts, each phone does this a little different. The phone will restart and go into a Hands-free activation. Some phones will ask for the MSL Code. If the phone ask for a MSL Code (Password/Passcode) and FreedomPop Released. It will be under the Mac ID in your Account’s Device Tab (See Instructions below).

Note: Make sure when doing a Carrier Reset, you are connected to WiFi, and are in an area that gets great Cellular Signals. Normally near a window with no obstructions. I like to do mine on my front porch.

MSL- Open your FreedomPop accounts online and then click this link-

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_device.htm

Or Open your FreedomPop account. On the Tabs at the top you will see “HOME--MY ACCOUNT--BILLING--EARN FREE--SHARE DATA--SUPPORT" Click "MY ACCOUNT", and you will see a drop down Menu. Click "DEVICES". You will see the MSL Code (Password/Passcode) under the Mac ID on this page. If no MSL code is visible, we will need Customer Support to release.

In some cases I've seen the FreedomPop Messaging app get unset from the default position as messenger and is replaced with Hangouts. Go to Settings>More Networks>Default Messaging App. Click this and replace this with FreedomPop Messaging.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you still have issues, we will need to route (transfer ticket) you to Technical Support, so they can take a look into the account and make sure it doesn't need a ("resync/refresh") or anything else on the account side.

Hope one of these helps !
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs