Galaxy S3 Overheating problem

Goce GGoce G Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I recently got my Galaxy S3. FreedomPop services are amazing, however I don't think the device is working properly. It's overheating, it reaches unbelievable high temperature, I often freak out and I immediately shut it down. I'm sure that a handheld device/cellphone shouldn't get that hot in a short period of time.
The heat comes from the lower part of the phone, you can feel the bottom part of the screen or the back. The overheating can be sensed more if you feel the screen rather then if you feel the back of the phone..

I got my phone with minor scratches on the screen and then there is a tiny very small crack on the bottom of the faceplate. Im not sure if that has anything to do with an overheating issue. Please advise
-Thank you

Comments

• Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Posts: 108FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan ✭✭✭
    Sounds more like a battery issue. Either way, stop using your phone ASAP or with much awareness. You don't want to be "that guy". As K_Ber has just said, it will all be worked out for you.
    XDA, Captain Picard, and NYC ==> All kick a$$!
  • Goce GGoce G Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    In the meantime I would also like to raise a question about galaxy s3's compatibilty with freedompop app as opposed to galaxy victory's compatibility with FP app.
    We got FP Galaxy Victory for my wife a month ago before I ordered my Galaxy S3.
    Galaxy Victory arrived in a crispy new condition, even the original screen cover was on the device. Galaxy Victory is working perfectly, the system never crashed so far and even sends MMS. Seems so compatible with FP messaging and makes me extremely jealous lol. So I just want to say that if there is compatibility issue with Galaxy S3 and there's no issue with Galaxy Victory Or Galaxy s4, in that case instead of exchanging the device for another Galaxy S3 I would rather upgrade to Galaxy S4 (gladly) or de-grade to Galaxy Victory (not gladly) and have fully compatible working phone. If there's no compatibility issue and it's only because of the device malfunction disregard this whole message.

Thank you so much for your help!
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    A most excellent reply to assist @K_Ber‌ very good ^:)^ =D>
  • EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    @Goce Grujevski‌ There shouldn't be any compatibility issues with the S3. I have noticed with my personal S3 that it will start to heat up a lot while switching between graphically or computationally heavy applications, and it can also get extremely hot if I'm charging the phone while the screen is on or being used, which the user manual actually recommends not doing, probably for that reason. And it happens in the same area you indicated.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @EdwinFreedomPop‌ thanks for that information! I also have noticed that with my phone when the battery is almost dead. So good advice!!
    @K_Ber and Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3

Thank you both so much for raising concern and being forthcoming about the issue I experience with Galaxy S3. Nes I did read comments made by experienced S3 users stating that sometimes even the original S3 battery can cause the overheating. So I ordered a new battery from Ravpower company, hoping that will fix the problem. But now that the exchange has been issued, even better
    I will pack the device up properly and send it to the exchange office soon.

Thank you!!
    About my previous post. I didn't mean to say "disregard this whole message", I was supposed to say "disregard the last message". I hope that wont create some misunderstanding...

Most importantly thank you K_Ber for being forthcoming with my issue and showing an extended concern for my well-being :)
    Thank you Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 for your support.
    I just got the new battery today that I ordered from amazon and it wont help with the overheating problem.
    I'm handling the phone with extreme care and I will pack it up as soon as possible and send it back for an exchange. I was jsut wondering if it's possible or smarter for me to exchange it with S4 or Victory. Please let me know what you think
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Also try using a usb charger that outputs less amps than the samsung charger. It will take longer, but should preserve the battery better.
    I know! The slower the battery charges, the better! However I didn't experience any problem while charging the battery, I'm pretty sure it's not battery related problem. As I stated in my previous post, I did get a new battery and that didn't fix the problem. However we will find out soon, I have already sent my phone back for an exchange. What happens next I'll keep y'all posted :)
  • @Goce Grujevski‌ We'll try to get you a new device as quickly as possible! Would you mind sending me a private message with your tracking number? If we have this number, we'll be able to get everything processed a bit quicker. Thanks!
    @k_ber I've sent you the number via PM. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Thank you!!
  • Got your message, @Goce Grujevski‌ and that should be all we need for now, thanks!
    I got my new phone! Can somebody re-activate my account! It shows "account error" :)
    My Galaxy S3 is still holding up.After the replacement there was no issue at all. Freedompop has great service!!! :)
    K_Ber you ROCK!!!!