**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MSL code - MiFi 500

Jennifer GiesbrechtJennifer Giesbrecht FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
Hi there,

Is there anyone who can help me getting my MSL code? I need to reset my device. Thanks! @njfulwider5

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,806 admin

Hi there,

Is there anyone who can help me getting my MSL code? I need to reset my device. Thanks! @njfulwider5

Hello Jennifer! Let us help you with that. Can you please confirm your device's MEID number?
  • Jennifer GiesbrechtJennifer Giesbrecht FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    The MEID is 256 691 485 703 376 968.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin

The MEID is 256 691 485 703 376 968.

Thank you! The MSL code assigned to this device is 686926. Let us know if we can help with something else, we hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Jennifer GiesbrechtJennifer Giesbrecht FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Thank you @María_M for providing me with my MSL code. I preformed a modem reset and unfortunately, my hotspot is not able to activate. Can you help with this?
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin

Thank you @María_M for providing me with my MSL code. I preformed a modem reset and unfortunately, my hotspot is not able to activate. Can you help with this?

Hello Jennifer, we have refreshed your service's entitlements in our end and in order to have this problem fixed. Can you please power cycle your device and let us know if the issue persists?

• Jim_DavisJim_Davis FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I also need the MSL for my phone. The MEID is A100001B6BA18D. Thank you.
    Jim_Davis said:

I also need the MSL for my phone. The MEID is A100001B6BA18D. Thank you.

Hello Jim! your MSL code is 674441.
    Please let us know if we can help with something else.
    Thanks Alejandra! My phone stopped working and I was hoping that a carrier reset would help. Unfortunately, it did not. Whenever I try to place a call, I get a "spinning wheel" with messages scrolling across the top of my phone that alternate between "locating user for device" and "registering for push notifications". I tried following the steps under "Phone no longer works", but I had no success there. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Jim_Davis said:

Thanks Alejandra! My phone stopped working and I was hoping that a carrier reset would help. Unfortunately, it did not. Whenever I try to place a call, I get a "spinning wheel" with messages scrolling across the top of my phone that alternate between "locating user for device" and "registering for push notifications". I tried following the steps under "Phone no longer works", but I had no success there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Let us help you check.
    Are there any other steps beside the carrier reset you have tried?
    I thought I should go through the BYOD activation process again, but it stopped me when I entered the MEID because my phone was already registered. Also, it seemed a little strange when I first started having this problem, I was forced to choose a new phone number. I had not used my phone for a while (probably longer than a month), but checking on-line it looks like my account is still active. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    Jim_Davis said:

I thought I should go through the BYOD activation process again, but it stopped me when I entered the MEID because my phone was already registered. Also, it seemed a little strange when I first started having this problem, I was forced to choose a new phone number. I had not used my phone for a while (probably longer than a month), but checking on-line it looks like my account is still active. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Ok so it looks that a new number was assigned to the line, from one ending in 5040 to one ending in 3111, likely because the first number you had was lost due to inactivity.

Also, we can see our FP app is not installed in the device, which is essential for our VOIP services so you can get calls and texts besides data.
    We recommend the next steps to ensure systems are set up correctly.

-Download the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store for Android.

You can use this link directly: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

Then:
    1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More(upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update
    . Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    6. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

After performing the PRL update please perform a carrier reset. In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL): 674441
    If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

Here are the steps to reset:

1. Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    3. Enter # # 72786 #
    4. If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    5. Confirm the reset.
    6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process
    Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.

-Sync Account Data
    Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with your phone number ( ending in 3111)instead of email address.
    Unfortunately, when I try to access the FP app on GooglePlay, it tells me that the app is not compatible with my phone. I suspect that the version of Android is too old for it to work. My phone is running Android 2.3.4. Is there a version of the FP app that will run on that version of Android? I have never had any success upgrading my phone beyond Adroid 2.3.4. Thanks.
    Jim_Davis said:

Unfortunately, when I try to access the FP app on GooglePlay, it tells me that the app is not compatible with my phone. I suspect that the version of Android is too old for it to work. My phone is running Android 2.3.4. Is there a version of the FP app that will run on that version of Android? I have never had any success upgrading my phone beyond Adroid 2.3.4. Thanks.

It needs to be capable of running Android 4.1 or above, we are afraid.
    Perhaps it's time to purchase a new device.
  • DrickeDricke FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 11
    I'm just coming back to using my Netgear Fuse hotspot stateside here. When I tried to reactivate it said it did on the Freedompop side. But it won't connect so I did a complete factory setting. Now Sprint, I believe, changed things so I can't connect. I noticed my APN was grayed out and empty. What steps do you recommend to get me going again. I just get an activate or hands free activate but it doesn't work. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Dennis
    Dricke said:

I'm just coming back to using my Netgear Fuse hotspot stateside here. When I tried to reactivate it said it did on the Freedompop side. But it won't connect so I did a complete factory setting. Now Sprint, I believe, changed things so I can't connect. I noticed my APN was grayed out and empty. What steps do you recommend to get me going again. I just get an activate or hands free activate but it doesn't work. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Dennis

Hi. Please confirm the MEID numer for your device to be able to look into this account.
  • kevinajkevinaj FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    edited January 21 #17
    I need to reset my MiFi 500. Can you please provide the MSL?

MEDI Hex: *****29163491

-Kevin
    Post edited by AlejandraG on
    kevinaj said:

I need to reset my MiFi 500. Can you please provide the MSL?

MEDI Hex: *****29163491

-Kevin

Hi! The code is : 330827
    I edited the MEID number to keep your device's information safe.