**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Networknot available. Phone only works on WiFi. HELP!

AngielatessaAngielatessa FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 11
I just activated my phone with **** through customer service by the phone and I haven't been able to use it as it only works on WiFi. I get an error saying "Network not available".
The email of this account is [email protected] and I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. This replaced an older phone which is the one featured, and not my new phone....

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,272 admin

I just activated my phone with **** through customer service by the phone and I haven't been able to use it as it only works on WiFi. I get an error saying "Network not available".
    The email of this account is [email protected] and I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. This replaced an older phone which is the one featured, and not my new phone....

Hello Angie, can you please confirm the device's MEID number? This way we can make sure that it is properly assigned and see what else could be preventing the device to connect to data.
  • AngielatessaAngielatessa FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 11
    Dec: 089575424902426451
    Hex: 0x35642009250653

Dec: 089575424902426451
    Hex: 0x35642009250653

Our records indicate the account and device were activated correctly. Please follow these steps to ensure the device is set up correctly:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More(upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update
    . Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    6. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

After performing the PRL update please perform a carrier reset. In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL): 000000
    If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

Here are the steps to reset:

1. Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    3. Enter # # 72786 #
    4. If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    5. Confirm the reset.
    6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process
    Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.

-Sync Account Data
    Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account".Log in with your phone number (number ending in 5431)instead of email address.
    Both profile and PRL updates fail. Can only perform carrier reset. Sync account but don't have the option to log in with the phone number as it is logged in by default already.
    Same error: "Network not available".
    Unable to use the service...
    I really need help with this as I've signed up and haven't been able to use the service!.

Was also charged for "FreedomPop Data Rollover" on 10/6/18 without even having working service!
    I would like to remove this from my account, as I didn't sign up for it.
    The continuous mysterious appearing charges never end!

Both profile and PRL updates fail. Can only perform carrier reset. Sync account but don't have the option to log in with the phone number as it is logged in by default already.
    Same error: "Network not available".
    Unable to use the service...

Can you please let us know what happens or the error that you get when you attempt to perform a PRL update?
    "Error.
    The PRL update could not be completed. Please try again later.
    If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service.
    Error: Internal Error (111)

"Error.
    The PRL update could not be completed. Please try again later.
    If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service.
    Error: Internal Error (111)

Hi.
    Because this is a BYOD device, it is possible you will need to perform a hard reset to be able to bring dthe device's settings to their initial set up, to download the app and be able to attempt to do a PRL update and carrier reset again.
    We recommend to backup your device's data and perform the factory reset afterward.