**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

is there any activation fee for changing the phone

XJ LiXJ Li FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
I would like to switch to another phone (iphone 5s to iphone 8) with the same freedompop number. Is there any additional fee for this?

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,130 admin
    XJ Li said:

I would like to switch to another phone (iphone 5s to iphone 8) with the same freedompop number. Is there any additional fee for this?

Hi! This depends on the devices being the same technology and whether or not both are already linked to Freedompop's network.
    Can you please let us know if the Iphone 5 is a CDMA or GSM unlocked?
    Also, is the Iphone 8 active with us already and also, which technology is it?
  • XJ LiXJ Li FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5

XJ Li said:

Hi! This depends on the devices being the same technology and whether or not both are already linked to Freedompop's network.
    My iphone 5s is a GSM unlocked phone, and I use Global SIM card in my iphone 5s. My iphone 8 is also a GSM unlocked phone.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    XJ Li said:

XJ Li said:

My iphone 5s is a GSM unlocked phone, and I use Global SIM card in my iphone 5s. My iphone 8 is also a GSM unlocked phone.
    Earlier this year there was a transition in carriers and most of these accounts went through a sim upgrade to LTE sim cards to be able to keep free accounts. Freedompop sent out an email notification, to let customers know about this change and to offer an upgrade to this LTE sim, if they wished to keep a free plan.

In this case, if you wish to continue on a free plan it is required to buy a new LTE sim. Once you have received your new SIM card, we can gladly transfer your old phone number to it so you can keep using it.