**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Outgoing calls do not work

My phone is not placing outgoing calls. I can get incoming, but outgoing will not dial. I am on Android Nougat with a BYOD phone. It also insists on turning on Do Not Disturb constantly. I have no idea why it's doing this.

I need this resolved asap.

Comments

• music247music247 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Okay... Update. I was able to call someone by pressing the phone icon within the messaging app, however the phone's native dialer is not handing calls over to the FreedomPop app. In addition, the native dialer sets do not disturb to Alarms only on a call attempt.

So the issue here is in how the FreedomPop app is telling the system how to hand naitive dialer calls to the FreedomPop app. This is on Android Nougat.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4,130 admin
    edited October 12 #3
    music247 said:

My phone is not placing outgoing calls. I can get incoming, but outgoing will not dial. I am on Android Nougat with a BYOD phone. It also insists on turning on Do Not Disturb constantly. I have no idea why it's doing this.

I need this resolved asap.

music247 said:

Okay... Update. I was able to call someone by pressing the phone icon within the messaging app, however the phone's native dialer is not handing calls over to the FreedomPop app. In addition, the native dialer sets do not disturb to Alarms only on a call attempt.

So the issue here is in how the FreedomPop app is telling the system how to hand naitive dialer calls to the FreedomPop app. This is on Android Nougat.

Hi! The device will only let you outbound calls via our app because Freedompop is a VOIP service. VoIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol. Essentially, it means data, or the internet is used for calling and texting instead of the cellular network. Our Freedompop messaging app is what converts in data into calls or texts, this is why you will need to make calls or send texts from our app instead of your native calling or texting applications.
    For more information on this subject, you can visit this support article: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3508/kw/voip
This discussion has been closed.