**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

App has critical bugs on dual sim android cell phone

meppymeppy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
1. App crashes when clicking message title for details
2. The app doesn't show accept and reject button when there is an incoming call, only ringing...

I already set freedompop sim card as default on both data and call.

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,698FreedomPop Newbie admin
    meppy said:

1. App crashes when clicking message title for details
    2. The app doesn't show accept and reject button when there is an incoming call, only ringing...

I already set freedompop sim card as default on both data and call.

Hi! let us help you with that. Can you please confirm that you are using an dual unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+?

• CCHCCH Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

Experienced the same problem here. After resetting my Mi5 (with MIUI 10) and doing a clean install, FP Messaging app keeps exiting after I tap on the title of a message to open. Have taken out SIM card and reinserted, enable "roaming", and reinstall app. Voice calls and messaging work fine in both directions. Just the app continues to crash.

Any update on @AlejandraG's issue?
    CCH said:

Hi,

Experienced the same problem here. After resetting my Mi5 (with MIUI 10) and doing a clean install, FP Messaging app keeps exiting after I tap on the title of a message to open. Have taken out SIM card and reinserted, enable "roaming", and reinstall app. Voice calls and messaging work fine in both directions. Just the app continues to crash.

Any update on @AlejandraG's issue?

Is your device also a dual sim device?
    Also, can you please confirm if it's capable of running Android 4.1+ or iOS 8.2+?
  • RomainRomain Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,
    I have the same issue on my Pocophone F1 with Android v8.1.0, which is a dual sim phone, the app crashes when I click on the text message, so I am not able to read them.
    Does anyone have found a solution?
    Thanks and best regards,
    Romain
    Romain said:

Hello,
    I have the same issue on my Pocophone F1 with Android v8.1.0, which is a dual sim phone, the app crashes when I click on the text message, so I am not able to read them.
    Does anyone have found a solution?
    Thanks and best regards,
    Romain

Hello Romain!
    Can you please confirm you are using the Freedompop sim on the main sim slot?
  • RomainRomain Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,
    I have received today a new update of my phone which is now working with Android v9.0. This new udpate has solved the issue so now the app is correctly working.
    Nevertheless there may be a compatibility issue on the app as it is the only modification i have made so far.
    FYI I tried before everything: using the SIM on the main slot, on the 2nd slot, alone or with my 2nd SIM card, re-install the app, erase the cache... nothing has solved the issue. Only the update to Android v9.0 has solved the issue.
    Regards.
    Romain said:

Hello,
    I have received today a new update of my phone which is now working with Android v9.0. This new udpate has solved the issue so now the app is correctly working.
    Nevertheless there may be a compatibility issue on the app as it is the only modification i have made so far.
    FYI I tried before everything: using the SIM on the main slot, on the 2nd slot, alone or with my 2nd SIM card, re-install the app, erase the cache... nothing has solved the issue. Only the update to Android v9.0 has solved the issue.
    Regards.

We are glad to learn that updating the app resolved the issue. In case you would like more information on using a dual sim device with Freedompop, visit this article:
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3233/kw/dual