**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone unable to connect to WIFI and read SIM card

Yan C LamYan C Lam Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, my LG G3 phone, purchased about a year ago from Freedompop, is broken on two counts:
1. The wifi does not connect consistently. (It works at times and not at others, seemingly at random.)
2. The SIM card is not registering, even though it is inserted. Is there a way to get a replacement SIM? Or alternatively, to get a new SIM and transfer my account over to the new SIM, preferably without incurring more fees?

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yan C LamYan C Lam Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. It appears that the wifi does not connect at all now (a week ago, it connected sometimes). As for your suggestions, I have already tried 1-2 and 4-6. I will try suggestion 7. Regarding 8-9, other devices, including other Android smartphones, connect to my router without any problem. Given that, I do not think the problem has anything to do with my router, and in any case I have tried connecting to many wifi networks without success.

Regarding a replacement device, would I be able to obtain one for free (or for shipping only) since the device was purchased from Freedompop only a year or so ago? The device should last longer than that.

Thanks.
    Thanks. If I do purchase a new device, or bring my own, would the remainder (10 months) of my 1-year 1 GB premium plan be transferred to the new device? Would I need to pay to port my number over?
    Thanks. Would an unlocked iPhone 5 work?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks. I wonder if it is possible to lock my unlocked phone to Sprint.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.