**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Texting not working at all

FPUSERHDFPUSERHD Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
My SIM card tied to phone number ending in 4141 is unable to send or receive any texts. No incoming text received or outgoing is being sent. I have uninstalled and reinstalled freedompop app multiple times with no success.

This SIM card had same problem earlier also. Please look into this and resolve.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,813FreedomPop Newbie admin
    FPUSERHD said:

My SIM card tied to phone number ending in 4141 is unable to send or receive any texts. No incoming text received or outgoing is being sent. I have uninstalled and reinstalled freedompop app multiple times with no success.

This SIM card had same problem earlier also. Please look into this and resolve.

Please follow these steps to ensure your iOS device is configured correctly:

Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

Then -Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    Close the app and open again. Login with the phone number instead of the email address if prompted a login.
  • FPUSERHDFPUSERHD Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I had followed all these steps with no luck. I even put the SIM in an Android phone and same results. Texting not working at all, incoming or outgoing, to/from FP phones or other. Over 3 weeks now, still not resolved.
    FPUSERHD said:

I had followed all these steps with no luck. I even put the SIM in an Android phone and same results. Texting not working at all, incoming or outgoing, to/from FP phones or other. Over 3 weeks now, still not resolved.

Can you please confirm if you are using the FP app or your device's native SMS app?
    Also, can you please confirm your sim's full ICCID number?
    Also, what error do you get when trying to make calls or texts?
    Using FP App only to text. I know my device's native SMS/Phone won't work. Again, I am able to call, texting doesn't work at all. There is no error returned. SMS doesn't get to the recipient and when others send me an SMS, I don't get either.
    CCID 353860080034572
    edited November 2018 #6
    FPUSERHD said:

Using FP App only to text. I know my device's native SMS/Phone won't work. Again, I am able to call, texting doesn't work at all. There is no error returned. SMS doesn't get to the recipient and when others send me an SMS, I don't get either.
    CCID 353860080034572

The steps provided for LTE sim under 4141, where for an iOS system, however, the account seems to have timestamps for an Android login?
    Can you please confirm if you are using an iOS system or Android as well as the model and version of its operating system?
    I have tried the steps for both IOS and Android. Again, I know the steps are different for 2 operating steps and I have tried them with 0 resolution. It's been over a month and it still doesn't work. My other LTE sim works on both android and IOS, why not this one????
    FPUSERHD said:

I have tried the steps for both IOS and Android. Again, I know the steps are different for 2 operating steps and I have tried them with 0 resolution. It's been over a month and it still doesn't work. My other LTE sim works on both android and IOS, why not this one????

We are aware of what happened before but we need to get the correct information to try to troubleshoot it now.
    Using devices with different operating systems, may interfere with being able to make it work, so ffor this time, can you please let us know if you will be using an iOS or Andoird device?
    Android device.
    FPUSERHD said:

Android device.

Thanks. Please follow these steps on your Android device, making sure to follow them in the order provided even if you have tried them before:

-Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, Here is the
    Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

Then,
    -Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Please make sure to log in with the phone number, ending in 4141, instead of the email address.
  • Richard DumserRichard Dumser Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, I have a galaxy2 and not all these options are available on my phone.
    Still, I cannot send or receive texts
    Can you supply me the necessary info to activate texting on my phone?

Well, I have a galaxy2 and not all these options are available on my phone.
    Still, I cannot send or receive texts
    Can you supply me the necessary info to activate texting on my phone?

Even with a galaxy 2 all the steps provided should be possible and they are necessary because they are what troubleshoots the device. In our end, the account is active and in good standing, so we need to make sure the device is as well by confirming the app is updated, APNs set up correctly as well as the correct account is synced.
    Then something is really wrong with my phone because when I have the "mobile networks" screen open there are only three available options. At the top is "mobile data" next is "network mode" and under that is "connection optimizer" There is also "network operators" option but it is not lit up and is not available to me. I think when you installed a simm card you also locked my phone in some way.

Then something is really wrong with my phone because when I have the "mobile networks" screen open there are only three available options. At the top is "mobile data" next is "network mode" and under that is "connection optimizer" There is also "network operators" option but it is not lit up and is not available to me. I think when you installed a simm card you also locked my phone in some way.

We have not installed any sim card on your device, as we have not checked your account, we were talking about the general steps tp set APN when using an Android GSM unlocked device and our LTE sim.
    If your device does not let you change APN's or may be locked, it may be a different technology not compatible with GSM sim cards.
    What do you mean? It's a Samsung Galaxy ll that I purchased from you. Now you're pleading ignorance. Will you give me what's required to unlock my phone then? Heck, all I want is to be able to text. That's what I am paying FreedomPop to be able to do. It's a service you offer and I am paying for. Isn't that correct?

What do you mean? It's a Samsung Galaxy ll that I purchased from you. Now you're pleading ignorance. Will you give me what's required to unlock my phone then? Heck, all I want is to be able to text. That's what I am paying FreedomPop to be able to do. It's a service you offer and I am paying for. Isn't that correct?

Exactly, Richard, our devices are not the same kind of devices that our LTE sims are compatible with.
    What we meant, is that the steps given above should be something applicable to all unlocked GSM Android devices.
    If the one you purchased, does not let you change APN, it's probably the other kind of device which is a CDMA technology, for which you will need other steps to troubleshoot it.
    Can you please confirm the device's MEID number for us to help you check?