**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Help activating Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (Sprint) BYOD; Cannot update with my MSL#

Abbey HAbbey H Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I activated my FP Tablet plan (Basic free plan) BYOD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (Sprint model, not wifi only model). Per Android activation instruction, I'm supposed to dial ##MSL# to reset and enter my MSL, but there is no "dialpad" app on my tab 3 (maybe b/c I don't have SIM card). But after installing FB messaging app, I can make call/text/connect to 3G.

- How do I get 4G LTE data connection on my Tab 3?
- I'm assuming that I still need to update Profile & PRL with my MSL#. How can I do that without dialpad? Do I need to purchase Spring SIM Card? If so, can I just go to Sprint retail store, and what kind do I need to get?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• Abbey HAbbey H Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @M.A. II Lopez , thank you for your response :-) so, would you know a sim card is needed in order to access 4g LTE? I'll try pm'ing fp amin too. I've read on this forum that some users tried to get a sim card from sprint store, but they refused to sell unless they're signing up with Sprint. I hope they'll sell me the sim (if I need a sim card).
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Abbey H‌ Fellow Pro Hank had a great suggestion for you above your post!
    @jankjrod , thank you for your response :) I went to a Sprint store, and yes, I pretended that I'm getting a used Tab 3 but the seller isn't providing a SIM card, and "planning" on activating on Sprint :P They said they don't sell, but gave me an extra SIM card that happened to be available. My SIM part # says "SIMGLT207R" and has the ICCID #.

Now my ICCID# shows under "about device" (before, it showed "unknown" when no SIM was inserted).

So, now my Tab 3 no longer shows "no SIM inserted", and "about device" shows the ICCID # from the SIM card I got from Sprint store today. But it's still 3G (and, yes, my area is covered by 4G LTE per the coverage map, and b/c another Spring MVNO phone I have can get 4G LTE). I sent an email request (via FP website) today, but I have not even received an automated response... I am assuming that FP administrator will need (or able to) update ICCID# with the SIM card I got from Sprint store? Thank you in advance.
    Maybe b/c I'm still the "FP Newbie," my replies don't get posted for at least 24 hours (?). So, at this point, my latest reply hasn't been posted yet...

Sprint store gave me a SIM for free, but I think my ICCID# needs to be updated by FP Admin to match my new SIM card's ICCID# on my FP phone/tablet account. Via different forum (where FP admin answers questions), I sent FP a PM with my ICCID#. Hopefully someone at FP will update it soon. I am still only getting 3G, and my Tab 3 keeps telling me error.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Abbey H‌ Hey Abbey, I refreshed your account with our system and it should be good to go now!
    @Jorge M ‌ , thank you for resetting my ICCID #. I ran the Update PRL and Update Profile, but still I can only access to 3G. I think I may need to get the SIM part # SIMGLW206R as @hankjrod‌ suggested. I'm going to try the Sprint store again, and if they cannot give me another SIM, I may need to order it (SIMGLW206R) from Ting as it was mentioned on another thread on this forum. If I bought Tab 3 directly from FP, SIMGLW206R would be the part# of the SIM card, right? Thank you everyone for your help so far! I hope I'll get LTE somehow soon! :-)
    @‌"Jorge M"

Hello, I sent you a PM with my new SIM card's ICCID #. I received a new SIM from Ting website (SIMGLW206R). Right now with the new SIM card, 4G LTE is still not working (and my Tab3 keeps popping network error messages), but I hope 4G LTE will work once my ICCID # is updated again. If you could look for my PM in your inbox, it'd be really great. Thank you so much!
  • Andrew CunninghamAndrew Cunningham Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @Abbey H‌ Does your lte work now?

Andy

@Abbey H‌ Does your lte work now?

Andy

Hi, @Andrew Cunningham, no not yet... FP Admin folks have tried to update & re-sync my ICCID# (SIM card #) on two different SIM cards on their ends, and also tried to deactivate my device (without deactivating my FP account) and re-activated on their end, but so far nothing has solved the problem... I've read a thread on this forum and also on Sprint's forum that the only way to get the SIM card # issue solved was to deactivate and re-activate to really get the ICCID# deleted from Sprint's system and then reactivate. So, I may opt to deactivate my FP account on my ends this time, and reactivate it (once ESN is clean again) via FP BYOD link.

One good thing is, I bought a second Tab 3 for my family member use (and also to test out this SIM card issue, too...), and this time I had the correct brand new SIM card ready when I activated my second Tab 3 via FP's BYOD link. My second Tab 3 went through the hands-free activation, and voila!, my second Tab 3 is working like a charm with 4G LTE, 3G, and wifi. So, I know it's supposed to work :-) The mistake I made on my first Tab 3 is I entered a wrong SIM card # (ICCID#) (but I didn't know any better) when I activated it via FP's BYOD link.

• DaveTalksDaveTalks Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I wonder if that could have helped me with my LTE issues.

I bought a Galaxy S3 refurbished and after activating it i could only get 3G i found out in order to get 4G sprint needs to have your Sim Card ID match the ESN in there records (only thing sim card is used for is 4G.)

So i contacted Freedompop they ensured me they updated their records to reflect the number i told them but i still could not get 4G. (I don't know if they first had something different)

Please keep us/me updated if deactivating and re-activating fixed your 4G.