**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to turn off "Automatic Top-Up" feature

yh461yh461 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Hi I am a new customer.

I received the message of "For any extra data that you use, you will be charged on a Pay As You Go basis. To cover any Pay As You Go charges, our Automatic Top-Up feature will fund your credit account $15.00 the first time you get within 100MB of your monthly plan capacity limit. You can turn off this feature at any time."

I want to turn off this feature but I cannot do it myself. Once I disable this feature, it popped some new things for me to subscribe. If I don't subscribe, I won't be able to disable this feature.

Please advise.

Answers

• María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 3,555 admin
    yh461 said:

Hi I am a new customer.

I received the message of "For any extra data that you use, you will be charged on a Pay As You Go basis. To cover any Pay As You Go charges, our Automatic Top-Up feature will fund your credit account $15.00 the first time you get within 100MB of your monthly plan capacity limit. You can turn off this feature at any time."

I want to turn off this feature but I cannot do it myself. Once I disable this feature, it popped some new things for me to subscribe. If I don't subscribe, I won't be able to disable this feature.

Please advise.

Hello! Thank you for reaching out FreedomPop.FreedomPop offers a new service called Safety Mode for $6.99 per month. With this service, you will get a one-time addition of 500MBs of data -- added immediately to your account -- plus an additional 10% of data each month. You can also enable or disable Top Ups at any time.

Please read the following support article to learn more about this service and What are Top Ups? https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3577/

• heidi_0424heidi_0424 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I do not want the automatic top off and I don't want the 6.99 feature either. Why do I have to pay 6.99 charge for something I don't want and I don't want an automatic top off either.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3,686 admin

I do not want the automatic top off and I don't want the 6.99 feature either. Why do I have to pay 6.99 charge for something I don't want and I don't want an automatic top off either.

We are afraid that to prevent overages or unwanted charges, all Freedompop accounts have the top-up feature enabled by default.
    To be able to disable it, this additional service is required no a monthly basis but you do not have to disable the top-up either, as long as you do not exceed your monthly allocation, you will not trigger the $15 top-up charge.